Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2010, 11:38 PM
(Play soundtrack Uprising)

As the Bloomington began docking at Starbase 234 Captain Vincent saw the USS Maelstrom and the USS Anubis had already docked.

"Commander, it appears that everything in the immediate area is secure, but the appearance of Fleet Captain Yamato and the Maelstrom means that this is going to be a wild ride. Make sure the crew is ready to go as soon as we find out what's going on here."

"Yes sir. I'll have them recheck their duty rosters and meet us in the briefing room once we're back on board."

Once the ship had finished docking at the station, the two human males beamed aboard and set off for the briefing room. At first sight, many crewmen would think that the two men mixed up their uniforms. Commander Derezinski was 10 years older than the captain, but after closer inspection they could see that Captain Vincent had a more hardened figure and far worse scars.

The two men finally reached the station's briefing room and paused for a moment to look at each other. Not really knowing what to expect, but wanting answers they entered the room ready for anything...
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Tieria looked up at the sound of the doors opening again, seeing the two officers enter the room. He recognized the Captain as Fleet Captain Joshua Vincent, having seen pictures of him. Tieria knew his Section 31 superiors were keeping a surreptitious eye on Vincent, but that wasn't his concern. What was Tieria's concern was this investigation, and keeping his cover as a member of Starfleet Intelligence intact.

"Welcome, Captain Vincent," Tieria said in greeting. "I am Commander Tieria Erde of Starfleet Intelligence. I apologize for any inconveniences I caused by calling you out here."

Alex turned to face Captain Vincent and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain Vincent. I've heard plenty of stories about you. I'm Fleet Captain Alex Yamato of the USS Maelstrom." He then gestured to T'Marin as he continued, "And this is my wife, T'Marin. I'm glad to see that we have another skilled Captain with us." T'Marin simply nodded her head in agreement.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2010, 12:25 PM
(OOC-Just a brief interlude while Captain's Vincent and Yamato and Cmdr Tieria do the introductions)

Jarus took a seat on the left side of the table relative to the head of it and watched as the doors to the room opened and closed again. Just like he and Orr had, two more officers had walked into the room.

Orr, leaned over and whispered, "Fleet Captain Joshua Vincent, one of Starfleet's brighest young officers"

Jarus looked the young man over nonchalantly. Although he had known who it was before Orr had offered it, there wasn't much to know about the Captain that was not classified. Seeing such an officer walk in, and having met Captain Yamato, he could only wonder how the others would perceive him as he knew he had to be the newest captain in terms of time in rank.

I'm a Starfleet Captain, he thought. Why I was promoted so quickly is not my concern. I have to convince them that I have earned the right to be here with them.

Still, as he watched the introductions, he couldn't help but wonder what was really going on that so far had two of Starfleet's finest Fleet Captains and himself gathering in the middle of a war with an Intelligence Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
"Welcome, Captain Vincent," Tieria said in greeting. "I am Commander Tieria Erde of Starfleet Intelligence. I apologize for any inconveniences I caused by calling you out here."

Alex turned to face Captain Vincent and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain Vincent. I've heard plenty of stories about you. I'm Fleet Captain Alex Yamato of the USS Maelstrom." He then gestured to T'Marin as he continued, "And this is my wife, T'Marin. I'm glad to see that we have another skilled Captain with us." T'Marin simply nodded her head in agreement.
"No inconvenience Commander. It's always a pleasure to help Intelligence and its great to finally meet you, Captain Yamato."

Joshua looked at the two other men sitting at the table; the captain seemed to be rather young, much like him. After a few moments he recognized the man as T'mas Jarus, a Kintagan lieutenant who'd made quite a name for himself, but he was a captain now so he must have done something pretty amazing to have made that rank in such a short time. Captain Vincent felt that the two of them may have quite a lot in common; he turned to Jarus and said, "You must be Jarus, I'm glad to meet you. I look forward to working with you. I'm Fleet Captain Joshua Vincent and this is my first officer Commander Christopher Derezinski."
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
(OOC: Waiting for JCaedus to respond to vince081's post before I post again. )
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
(OOC-Was trying to give Stormy a chance to post his arrival, but moving on...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince081 View Post
Joshua looked at the two other men sitting at the table; the captain seemed to be rather young, much like him. After a few moments he recognized the man as T'mas Jarus, a Kintagan lieutenant who'd made quite a name for himself, but he was a captain now so he must have done something pretty amazing to have made that rank in such a short time. Captain Vincent felt that the two of them may have quite a lot in common; he turned to Jarus and said, "You must be Jarus, I'm glad to meet you. I look forward to working with you. I'm Fleet Captain Joshua Vincent and this is my first officer Commander Christopher Derezinski."
Jarus paused a moment. Had he not addressed him as Captain to see how he would respond or was he merely being friendly? Let it go, we're on the same side. Lets see what happens. Jarus nodded, "At your service," he motioned to his right, "Commander Orr, my first officer. He's formerly of the Tigrera, but now responisble for keeping me out of trouble."

Orr smiled, "Or I at least try to."

"So, I imagine we all are wondering what prompted such a mysterious message," Jarus started as he turned to Tieria at the head of the table. "And what such a message has to do with Starfleet Intelligence."
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-27-2010, 10:59 AM
(Play Soundtrack: Stratagem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCaedus
"So, I imagine we all are wondering what prompted such a mysterious message," Jarus started as he turned to Tieria at the head of the table. "And what such a message has to do with Starfleet Intelligence."
"For the past month," Tieria began, "I've been looking into a certain matter at the request of Captain Yamato here." Tieria indicated Alex as he said this, before he continued, "Before I explain further, I have a question for you."

Looking at first Vincent, then Jarus, Tieria asked, "How much do you know about the Repercussion Incident?"
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Looking at first Vincent, then Jarus, Tieria asked, "How much do you know about the Repercussion Incident?"
"I've only heard rumors as I've been away in the Gamma Orionis Sector. From what I've gathered, a civilian liner was attacked by Klingons and during the attack Ameena Leffeld was killed. Thats really all that I've heard at this point."
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince081 View Post
"I've only heard rumors as I've been away in the Gamma Orionis Sector. From what I've gathered, a civilian liner was attacked by Klingons and during the attack Ameena Leffeld was killed. Thats really all that I've heard at this point."
Jarus listened intently. He had looked into the Repercussion incident shortly after it had happened just because it had peaked his interests. Of course the resulting investigation had revealed little in terms of motivation for the attack except for fanning the fires for war escalation with the Klingons, and that only after it had been learned that Leffeld had been killed in the attack.

What bothered Jarus about the whole incident was it didn't feel Klingon. Attacking a civilian ship held little in the way of honor, and from what Jarus had been learning about them, Klingons held that above all else, including their lives.

"I'm in the same boat as Captain Vincent," Jarus stated. "The investigation determined the murder weapon was Klingon, and eye witness statements confirmed Klingon ships had attacked." He furrowed his brow, "But to tell you the truth, Commander, it isn't like the Klingons to strike civilians in this way. There is no great victory in beating an enemy that they would clearly overpower. So my thought would be 'why, what is the endgame?' "
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince081
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCaedus
"I'm in the same boat as Captain Vincent," Jarus stated. "The investigation determined the murder weapon was Klingon, and eye witness statements confirmed Klingon ships had attacked." He furrowed his brow, "But to tell you the truth, Commander, it isn't like the Klingons to strike civilians in this way. There is no great victory in beating an enemy that they would clearly overpower. So my thought would be 'why, what is the endgame?' "
"A valid question, Jarus," Alex replied. "I was the first Captain to respond to the Repercussion's initial Distress Call, and helped hold off the Klingons while other ships evacuated the Repercussion. After we'd fallen back to Starbase 234, it was my Chief Medical Officer who performed Miss Leffeld's Autopsy, which discovered that she was killed by a Klingon d'k'tagh instead of debris. All the evidence seemed to point to the Klingons assassinating her--in fact, it pointed in that direction a little too much for my tastes. I personally think that the Klingons weren't behind Miss Leffeld's death, but that someone wanted us to think that they were."