Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournerX
Based off one episode?? (And a marriage?)
How many important Joined Trill / Trill characters have we ever had in Star Trek?

Jadzia Dax and the earlier lives of Dax are the only pertinent ones shown in the entirety of Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
How many important Joined Trill / Trill characters have we ever had in Star Trek?

Jadzia Dax and the earlier lives of Dax are the only pertinent ones shown in the entirety of Star Trek.
and Warf was the only klingon to join the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Don't know why people bring up "canon" when it comes to this.

Cryptic turned a 1 of a kind Worf into a C-store commonality.

Worf served in Starfleet during times of peace or alliance, not when the Feds and Klingon were at war with each other. There are probably more Federation faction Klingons than REAL Klingons.

Ditto with the liberated Borg and Ferengi. One-of-a-kind is now common. {{:-(
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Ditto with the liberated Borg and Ferengi. One-of-a-kind is now common. {{:-(
Liberated borg were not unique... 7 of 9 was not the only one by any means in Voyager or even TNG and with the initial defeat of the Collective there should be millions of them spread across the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Cryptic basically added Joined Trill, because Klingon players were complaining about Joined Trills being Federation-only (Liberated Borg was like that too until it was revealed Klingons had Liberated Borg too).

But if they are doing it, apparently someone at Paramount gave the green light.

Though I personally don't like it, because its all based on Dax, who had associations with the Klingons as the Federation Ambassador, but really thats it. Trill is a Federation planet. Then again Orion is a member of the Federation, and they get Orion players as well.

So to be fair, Klingon players can have Joined Trill, if we get Orion slave girls too!
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2010, 02:26 AM
That was a beautiful rage. It has some truth in it, too. Like I said, I would like a Klingon Dahar Master as exclusive KDF counterpart to the Fed Joined Trill. Also because there are more Borg and Klingon captains in Starfleet than anything else. Rare, umm, that's something different. Joined Trill and Human are close from what I see (randomized aliens not counted). It would actually be refreshing to see more Klingons on KDF side, but out of 50 KDF players, 12 have a Klingon, 30 have a female Orion, 5 have a Gorn and the rest is random aliens, mostly with ridicolous looks. That's not the KDF I remember. But its also not the Starfleet I remember...

Seven of Nine was NOT a member of Starfleet. She was a CREWMEMBER of Voyager, but without a rank. That makes Locutus the only 'liberated Borg' who serves on a Starfleet vessel. As Jean-Luc Picard, not as Loctutus or 5 of 17. I wish people would remember that before naming their character 346 of 7995.

And to answer the question (?) - yes, people have stated that ALL Klingons hate ALL Ferengi. Of course it has no base in canon, as Grilka still met with Quark after their divorce, and Martok and Nog getting along. Play as a Ferengi. Feel the love, joy and happiness of not playing a 'pretty, sexy' species. Even Cryptic names topics about gold spammers 'Ferengi Smugglers'. There you have 'specisim'. If I could defect to the KDF - or anywhere else - I would much prefer that and get away from the Feds.

So, now I have to go check my Eelwasser stocks, rant over.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconianknight View Post
You can take your joined trill and stick it. If I hear one more SOB stating that the Klingon players were whinning about anything. Feds have everything and whined until the carrier was nerfed to a 5sec life expectancy. Klingons dont have dueling becuse of the carebears, we dont have trade with Orion ships but the syndicate is apart of the empire, we dont have crafting but Cryptic said there would be the equivelent to Memeory Alpha. We have copy paste PvE mission content but it's wash and repeat. If we want to do anything cool we have to work with the feds. there is no open area PvP. Cloak is a joke closer than 8k at higher levels thanks to carebear whinners. As for joined trill, it was used a a promo item, wrongly in my opinon. people paid money for it and should either be reimbursed or be given the item. For me its crap idea and I dont want one. Just like Klingons running around with tribbles..its just wrong. But at least you can tell the Klingons from the wannabes. So **** of and shut up about how Klingons were whinning. The next time you go into a PvP match, if you actually have the balls, why dont you count the odds of how many feds vs how many klingons, most of the good players have left because its a crap game.
Excuse me, but aren't you complaining?

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's the Truth that Klingon players have complained as much as Federation players regarding content. For instance, the recent addition of PvE content, when Cryptic wanted Klingons exclusively be PvP-only. And the complaint over Federation Science Ships.

FYI, the Carrier wasn't nerfed, it just had an exploit with the hangers fixed. The Science consoles were part of the Science Nerfing.

And Borg Hunt is Open PvP.

Joined Trill don't really belong in the Klingon Empire. There needs to be a line drawn. When the Romulans are added, they would want the same quality as well. Sure they can have Liberated Borg (since obviously we ran into assimilated Romulans), but they would also want Joined Trill as well.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-26-2010, 03:10 AM
<whine> But these people have a right to play Joined Trill in a Romulan faction! </whine>

Really, if people are fans of Joined Trill, they should realize they don't belong in the KDF and get over with it. If it was a non-Fed member world, I'd be all for giving it to all factions. Like, Yridians or something, but Trill is a long time Federation world, and there hasn't been a single Trill been shown serving in the Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
<whine> But these people have a right to play Joined Trill in a Romulan faction! </whine>

Really, if people are fans of Joined Trill, they should realize they don't belong in the KDF and get over with it. If it was a non-Fed member world, I'd be all for giving it to all factions. Like, Yridians or something, but Trill is a long time Federation world, and there hasn't been a single Trill been shown serving in the Empire.
So I repeat...why? Are you saying all joined trills invariably agree with Federation policies, say, regarding the Undine? All joined trills think the Federation is a splendid thing? Given the long life of the symbiot, it seems to me that dissident joined trills (i.e. ones who do not support the Trill or Federation states) are almost a certainty as they would surely be far less likely to be swayed by governmental propaganda or conformist social pressures due to having many life times of experience.

Frankly once they decided to make Klingons a Fed playable species, it should be possible to play anything on any faction... logically there are probably anti-Federation humans too who are regarded as renegades or dissidents, depending on your view point.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
If some Klingons work for the Feds, what is so strange about some Joined Trills working for the Klingons? Are there any logical reasons why a Joined Trill might be precluded from thinking the Klingons are taking the threat of the Undine more seriously than the Federation?
Um, I didn't say anything was strange nor do I presume to speak for a make-believe race to what they believe to be or not believe to be logical reasons...to do anything.

I asked a question that I did not know the answer to, hence, the asking of the question. I'm a casual ST fan that has only seen parts of series here , seen parts of movies there...much of the canon stuff I'm still learning. You quickly quoted my post, without really reading it I guess. Here it is again:

Why is the Joined Trill becoming a playable Klingon faction with the upcoming S1.1 Update? Is this addition canon-related or is it because of the Digital Deluxe STO versions? If it's for the Digital Deluxe and not canon-related, wouldn't it be more appropriate to add a different canon-appropriate Klingon faction?