Lt. Commander
There are two changes I would like to see made to PvP.

1. Many players/teams when they begin to lose the match will not click the spawn button at the end of the spawn timer and not respawn. They will waste 30mins to an hour in order to wait out the opposing team in the hope that the new players that join will be beatable. Players refusing to respawn has led to frustrated angry players, extremely long matches, and wasted queue/server space. Players should be forced to respawn after the repawn timer expires.

2. Also, players/teams who don't want to lose will simply quit the match, leaving the opposing with no one to kill to finish the match. The match continues even after either team has given up, which results in angry players, wasted time, and wasted queue/server space since the match continues to run even with no players. The victory conditions should be changed, if all the opposing team members beam out the other team should win by default.

I recognize some matches are unbalanced, the queue system needs work, and some matches result in no players on the opposing team answering the queue prompt, but quitting a match should not punish those on the opposing team. This applies equally to Kling and Fed players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamian View Post
Players should be forced to respawn after the repawn timer expires.
+1, I like this idea very much. It would completely eliminate respawn abuse (i.e., simply not respawning, which is the same as leeching).

Quote:
The victory conditions should be changed, if all the opposing team members beam out the other team should win by default.
+1, I like this idea too. This can be considered forfeit by the retreating team. A victory by forfeit should offer lower rewards than victory by defeat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
1. Players should be forced to respawn after the repawn timer expires.
I dont think that is a good idea. At least not until Queues are fixed.
Also in ground combat it also will cause constant spawnfragging.
As it is now you can wait for you team to resusitate you, other then respawning alone and most likely giving the enemy a free kill.

Quote:
2. The victory conditions should be changed, if all the opposing team members beam out the other team should win by default.
This is a good idea. If the enemy runs we shouldnt be punished, it makes no sense.