Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2010, 12:36 PM
You are actually right about something, I am the master.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...18#post2499518
Check the date.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMadman View Post
You are actually right about something, I am the master.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...18#post2499518
Check the date.
haha lol@you
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2010, 12:48 PM
what it all comes down to is the nerf callers want it to were all the good players are on equal footing as the scrubs. now we understand that they have the potential to have all the same gear and bo skills and knowledge of counters, but they don't want to take the time to learn them.

so what we need to do is take away all the bo and class skills and all the ships equipement so that all we have in the end is a generic ship with standard weapons and equal stats. in the end, it'll be just a who can kill who faster with a piece of crap ship. of course they will still complain about how some of use call targets weather through vent/ts or whatever and can focus fire better than they can.

So, in conclusion, there will always be people that complain about getting their buts kicked because they lack any kind of skill or drive to improve their level of game play when it comes to video games.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashnar
so what we need to do is take away all the bo and class skills and all the ships equipement so that all we have in the end is a generic ship with standard weapons and equal stats. in the end, it'll be just a who can kill who faster with a piece of crap ship.
They already made that game...Star Trek: Legacy for the Xbox.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Nerf Akumarev!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Nerf burst damage.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
The problem is that's 98% of the player base. lol
well 98% of the fed side of the player base...................
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I honestly think a lot of the problem is that the first few times you get hit with these powerful skills like TSS and VM it's really hard to tell what you can do about it. I honestly never understood why my shields kept turning off in the middle of a fight until I was told that it TSS's power drain. TSS doesn't have a tooltip telling you that you've been hit by it so your only indication is your shield power, something I don't look at often. I was convinced there was a nasty bug in the game because every once in a while my abilities would all go grey and not work. It wasn't until I brought it up that I found out that that's what getting hit with Tricobalt does. I hadn't bothered with them and when I get hit I usually don't see it coming so I had no idea.

The game would be a hell of a lot less frustrating to new players if Cryptic had put some effort into making it clear where these debuffs were coming from and what you could do about it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-25-2010, 04:26 PM
The biggest mistake Cryptic ever made with this game is creating one pvE faction, and one pvP faction.
Forcing the KDF to grind pvp and a few grindmob quests will always give them the advantage over the Federations pvE focused side.

I'm talking averages here, of course there are exceptions to the rule.

I still do not understand why I am able to take down four pvE ships with little damage to myself, yet one lone BoP can take me down, no questions. Hopefully the difficulty slider will help.

Cryptic should equalize the damage output for pve/pvp. That way the Federation pvE'rs will not be suprised that their tactics fail in different settings.

-never full impulse in pvp unless its to flee or regroup quickly
-stay in groups no smaller then three
-call incoming/focus fire/flanking
-hotkey ships power settings for that one more second of life, sometimes all you need is one more second to win
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Klingons have wayyyy more PVP experience from the start than Feds do. They learn to play with great efficiency. Meanwhile, the Feds get their egos padded by the PVE missions thinking that they can just stroll in and run things. This is coming from a fed, not a klingon. I do PVP on occasion, but when I lose my aft section, I don't cry about it. I do my best to learn from it. Hasn't made me any better. I'm ok with that.

Not everyone wants to "compete", so there's some apprehension to do so. As long as there is a counter or defense for every ability, all is balanced. Going about nerfing to keep kleenex in contention for becoming a monopoly, isn't what needs to be. Its like saying a pack of wild dogs vs one man is OP. It is, but your options are run or be eaten. Those aren't even good options. In PVP, most feds don't stay together, thus the wild dog analogy. Feds don't get PVP down because it seems like they think of it as another PVE to just shoot it up and automatically be the hero. No so. Play as a team, win as a team, fail as a team. Lone Wolf left this game defeated......at least in PVP.

This is a long shot, and it will never happen, but I would like to see fleet actions be against real players. Imagine it for a second. Instead of the "birds of squish" , the feds could face birds of prey and really feel like they win something if they are victorious. The reverse goes for the klingons. Turf wars would be fun, but not gonna happen.

Anyway, I'm tired of all the crying that goes on. If you want a problem fixed, be precise an intelligent when relating the problem. Be patient, but vigilant in waiting for resolution.

******Disclaimer******
If any player known as or similar to Lone Wolf ever existed, this was not meant to insult or berate you. Use of this name was only a witticism.