Lt. Commander
# 21
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah I had this happen once the other day, had me questioning if I had already initiated combat, though I was sure I had.
Havent noticed it since, think I too was on a borg ground explore mission, but thats probably just coincindence as admirals see borg all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
little update, i just had this happen to me in 'infected' among a myriad of other problems including bugged endboss fight and tactical initiative 3 not working at all.
Do you have target forwarding enabled?
If the mob you are shooting has a different player targeted as you use the skill, you can actualy reset their timer not your own.
Pretty sure I have acidently used it on a tac boff before, but ill have to test again.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
nah i don't have that activated, i think it could be lag related, i have to wait a few seconds after using another skill before using it or it won't reset that skills timer.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
nah i don't have that activated, i think it could be lag related, i have to wait a few seconds after using another skill before using it or it won't reset that skills timer.
Yeah, I don;t have that active either and have had that happen to me quite often. For some reason powers just don;t activate sometimes. A similar thing can happen when firing torpedoes or initiating High Yield or any other charged weapon ability. If you fire too quickly after it is recharged, it will in a way penalize you for it and reset the cool down timer, not the actual timer. Pain in the rear when this happens.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Sure you did but I've never had that bug so there's no way of knowing if it was a singular random fluke or something which happens all the time, and I use SE quite a bit one my 2 Captains and 2 Admirals.
I've had this happen a few times. Sometimes (despite me being in the middle of a firefight) they both beam out within moments of me using the ability. Sometimes one of them remains and fights and the other beams away. It's pretty annoying. For some reason they don't always appear to recognize that we're "in combat".