Lt. Commander
will we? I mean it does'nt seem like it would be too hard to implement.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2010, 03:04 PM
First Officers are something that's in discussion at Cryptic. I doubt we'll see chiefs, though, as that would be a fundamental change to the game. If you're just looking for titles, though, that would be quite easy to implement.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
First Officers are something that's in discussion at Cryptic. I doubt we'll see chiefs, though, as that would be a fundamental change to the game. If you're just looking for titles, though, that would be quite easy to implement.
I'd like to see the titles, appropriate ship placements and the right BO issuing me a dialogue when a storyline calls for it.

My preferences would be:

First Officer (Any class -- maybe the option to play AS the first officer from time to time.)
Chief of Security (Mans tactical. Does security briefings/warnings.)
Doctor/CMO (Appears in sickbay. Issues medical related warnings on missions.)
Chief Engineer (Appears in main engineering. Advises on engineering issues.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Incidentally, I think First Officers are how I would handle multi-speccing/multi-classing. Your first officer gets a spec. You can play as your first officer whenever you want.

But your first officer is one rank below your main and so, even with sidekicking, isn't as effective as a true alt.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2010, 04:07 PM
It would be good if officers had different effects depending on whether they were on the Bridge or heading a department. Say, you could put one Engineer in Engineering and have... say a 15% boost to power redistribution but at the cost of 2 power points out of every subsystem, but that doesn't count as a Bridge Officer slot.

So you'd end up with your "main cast" comprised of your Bridge Officer allocation *PLUS* your department heads in Engineering / Medical etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I doubt we'll see chiefs, though, as that would be a fundamental change to the game.
Indeed. The lowest rank in the game is Ensign. All your bridge officers are just that: officers. There are no enlisted personnel in 2409. ;)
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Indeed. The lowest rank in the game is Ensign. All your bridge officers are just that: officers. There are no enlisted personnel in 2409.
They're there. We call them Security but we quickly learn that Bridge Officers are better people to beam into a hot LZ with.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2010, 07:40 AM
I think they want to include it, but they want to give it some purpose when they do. So it's not just a useless position to put your boffs in, making them first officer or medical chief actually means something. Maybe keeping them alive gives your team a bonus but when they die you get a penalty until they are revived?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Personally, my lead tactical officer on every character I have is my 'First Officer'. So I would rather have a decorate option on the bridge, with an overlay similar to the hud rearange menu that would alow us to put which officer exactly where we want them. And I agree with above, all they would need to do is add a title box to them and we could select what we want. So, we could have a Helm, Ops, Tactical, Enginering, Medical and maybe a few science and damage control stations on the larger bridges.

As for the bonuses given wtih stationing officers in an enviroment, I think it would be a great idea, just not likely to be implamented.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Personally, my lead tactical officer on every character I have is my 'First Officer'. So I would rather have a decorate option on the bridge, with an overlay similar to the hud rearange menu that would alow us to put which officer exactly where we want them. And I agree with above, all they would need to do is add a title box to them and we could select what we want. So, we could have a Helm, Ops, Tactical, Enginering, Medical and maybe a few science and damage control stations on the larger bridges.

As for the bonuses given wtih stationing officers in an enviroment, I think it would be a great idea, just not likely to be implamented.
What do you have against lead Engineering and Science Officers? Mr. Spock wasn't a good enough First Officer for you? Huh? Huh?