Lt. Commander
# 1 Whats new?
04-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Quit playing shortly after i maxed my first character (about a week after) headstart and was wondering what in the game has been improved?

I've logged in a couple times to see if any of the existing bugs were fixed and since they haven't been i just log right back out.

was hoping i could read some buzz on whats new in the game in the forum's but mostly all i see are threads making suggestions and the ever "wonderful C-Store" insert sarcasm, pay us more options.

So to keep it short "Whats new?"
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Did you actually pay $300 to play for a couple of days?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadarab View Post
Did you actually pay $300 to play for a couple of days?
Yes, had high hopes for the game. pretty dissappointed though. feel a little like i was mugged in a dark alley but never can tell if things will get better. If the only real additions are C-store items all i can say is my wallet is closed - lesson learned.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
I would check the engineering report, the tribble test notes as these would give you a better idea of what is occurring or being planned etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Orcutt
Quit playing shortly after i maxed my first character during headstart and was wondering what in the game has been improved?

I've logged in a couple times to see if any of the existing bugs were fixed and since they haven't been i just log right back out.

was hoping i could read some buzz on whats new in the game in the forum's but mostly all i see are threads making suggestions and the ever "wonderful C-Store" insert sarcasm, pay us more options.

So to keep it short "Whats new?"
Did you actually complete every mission during headstart or did you just powerlevel with enemy contacts?

There's no way you could have done every mission in that 96 hour headstart window and slept and maxed out your skillpoints and gotten full epic gear.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Wait. You hit Admiral on March 5th. That's quite awhile after headstart...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Ha...

+100 internetpointz for truth.

Also, STF's...thats about it. 1.1 should bring some interesting game mechanics changes (DP,Energy) other than that if you are looking for the $300 justification...it has not arrived yet.

I would not be surprised if STO follows the DDO business model within a year or so.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Did you actually complete every mission during headstart or did you just powerlevel with enemy contacts?

There's no way you could have done every mission in that 96 hour headstart window and slept and maxed out your skillpoints and gotten full epic gear.
I'm a no stone unturned kind of player thinking i would hate to miss some secret that may be in game so i tend to do everything. Hit RA5 on my first character about 12 hours after the game went live. but to be fair i did play about 16 hours a day. (retired - and no nagging wife, so i can waste as much time as suites me)I didn't quit after it went live, shortly after though,just long enough to also level a klink to BG5. Full "EPIC" gear is mostly trash anyway i would rather have a decent blue then waste my time grinding for an anti-poloron weapon.

I read some of what they are planning but it seems like just more cut n paste, the only exciting things ive read have to deal with some of the fluff from C-store, but like i said after already spending 300 dollars my wallet is staying closed for awhile. I'm ok with getting a lifetime i can always check back from time to time but isn't it a bit off-putting when most of the focus is on the C-store AND you also have to sub?

I do log in from time to time to see if anything has been updated but after seeing the same features that were a bit broke and some of the bugs from beta still in game i get a little frustrated and just log back out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
Ha...

I would not be surprised if STO follows the DDO business model within a year or so.
I agree, If they intend on prying money from people's cold dead corpse's by using a C-store then by all means they should become a free to play franchise.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:

wondering where you get that date from? <shrug> i do log in still but 5 to ten minutes a week is a huge difference over 14+ hours a day. and unless things have drastically changed its still EASY as hell to level. March 5 bah was that supposed to be a joke?