Lt. Commander
I have a science vessel and I wanted a power that would debuff enemies so I started to use Tyken's Rift. But whenever I hear someone talk about it in the forum, people only have bad things to say about it. I think it's great. Right now i have my aux 60% up and it drains 36 points from systems when I use it. Since most ships have speed power set to low in a battle, Tyken's Rift stops those ships in their tracks and lowers the rest of their systems for a good initial attack. Also, when fighting enemies who use mines, Tyken's Rift will destroy all mines. It makes it really easy to tale out mine fields and those probes that drain power.

I only have Tyken's rift at level 1 and I think it has worked pretty dang effectively

What does everyone else have to say about Tyken's Rift?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
i dont hate it it works great especially against borg it drains power and alot faster then the siphon thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what it's like being hit by Tyken's Rift in PvP? When Tyken's Rift ends, does power return immediately? Or does power return slowly like coming out of full impulse?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2010, 09:41 PM
My sci officer is rigged specifically for spacial anomalies. Tykens rift 2 and gravity well 3. I have to say, I tend to favor Tykens rift. I thought gravity well would be far more impressive. It SAYS it pulls ships into it's center but the pulling effect is pretty minor compared to tractor beam, repulsors, shockwave, ect...

A N Y W A Y...

Tykens Rift has a more dramatic effect in pvp for me... I like watching BoP and Raptors just suddenly grind to a halt (Lack in engine power) cannons stop firing, shields go down, ect... it helps when I am proc'ed with polaron weapons, energy siphon 2, subsystem targeting, ect... it's hil-frickin-larous to watch them sit dead in the water, uh space... as it were.

It's just so awe inspiring to see a HOLE in space that eats ships... god I love this game! LOL
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Tykens Rift in PvP:

* The drain stated is shared on all enemies in its radius
* If you don't have anything to slow enemies down, or if they are not flying really slow, they are out of the area of effect before it really worked (the drain isn't instant)
* The effect is reduced by the power regeneration of the enemy. If your drain per 2 seconds is lower than what your enemy can regenerate with his 2 or 3 EPS Flow consoles it does nearly nothing
* It shares cooldown with subnucleonic beam, the currently most powerful PvP skill
* There are some issues that the drain on a certain system stops as soon as it reaches zero. Keeping someones shields down for example is very hard. You also can't predict when exactly they will drop, so a well timed torpedo salvo is hard (how much energy did he had before, how many people get drained, how high is his regen, ...)

But nonetheless it is a ***** if you get hit by it if you can't move out fast enough
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Tykens Rift in PvP:

* The drain stated is shared on all enemies in its radius
* If you don't have anything to slow enemies down, or if they are not flying really slow, they are out of the area of effect before it really worked (the drain isn't instant)
* The effect is reduced by the power regeneration of the enemy. If your drain per 2 seconds is lower than what your enemy can regenerate with his 2 or 3 EPS Flow consoles it does nearly nothing
* It shares cooldown with subnucleonic beam, the currently most powerful PvP skill
* There are some issues that the drain on a certain system stops as soon as it reaches zero. Keeping someones shields down for example is very hard. You also can't predict when exactly they will drop, so a well timed torpedo salvo is hard (how much energy did he had before, how many people get drained, how high is his regen, ...)

But nonetheless it is a ***** if you get hit by it if you can't move out fast enough
Especially if you have a nice Chroniton mine/torp spread flying at them when the rift hits! YIKES!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2010, 07:17 AM
I usually just hit evasive maneuvers and it takes me out of it fast enough that I don't usually have any effect from it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
I usually just hit evasive maneuvers and it takes me out of it fast enough that I don't usually have any effect from it.
And if you have engines with the AUX ability, you can still move anyway and escape it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
And if you have engines with the AUX ability, you can still move anyway and escape it.
Or you use emergency power to engines or simply increase your throttle and/or increase your engine power-level, at the time it started draining and finally drained your engine power you should easily be able to skip 2km, even without a single ability wasted
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrofire430 View Post

What does everyone hate Tyken's Rift?
because ever since Tyken discovered it, There has just been no living with him and his ego:p