Lt. Commander
stop listening to hardcore pvp gamers, they are ruining every game they come across by turning it into a variation of counter strike... which sucks. the game aswell as the situation.

people want a game not a pvp server, and the idiots only want a pvp server because their cruddy little pvp games died as it became monotonous drab of run shoot kill/die repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2010, 04:09 AM
I fully agree. Let's keep STO as a fun casual game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2010, 04:17 AM
i dont want anything new, ide like them to fix bugs first, and work on more details ... like having roads in colonies (like i posted in another thread), fixing it so that i can see all buffs and debuffs, and not like atm NO debuffs and half the buffs. Having an klingon icon for engineers on your away team select window (there's a tactical symbol and science, but if you have an engi there's just a blank space in front of it when you wanna beam down)

Also not having enemies INSIDE buildings (or a way to get inside would be even better) or on the roof .. but thats just silly.

ooooo and, when entering an explore mission, actually being able to get the mission would be nice aswell, instead of just .. nothing and an empty zone, or nothing and you can see groups of enemies and know what to do but then get no bonus xp at the end cuz you werent able to accept any mission at start.

fix that ..... and ill be infinitely more satisfied.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Nimrod
stop listening to hardcore pvp gamers, they are ruining every game they come across by turning it into a variation of counter strike... which sucks. the game aswell as the situation.

people want a game not a pvp server, and the idiots only want a pvp server because their cruddy little pvp games died as it became monotonous drab of run shoot kill/die repeat.
Ooooo, you shouldn't say things like that...

You are gonna get all the people in the trailer park all mad.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2010, 04:22 AM
I agree with this, WAR is a perfect example. The game started with something for everyone, but the developers started listening to five or six counter strike kids and they went from sixty servers to just three now, and they still haven't learned..the last producers letter told people they were killing the last vestiges of PVE for their "core" gamer...yeah all eight of them.

PVPers are basically like the Borg, they show up make demands and after the PVE game is either gone or Borked beyond all repair thanks to their incessant yelling for nerfs,, they move on to the next game, and the developer is left scratching his head wondering what he did wrong.

What you did wrong was listen to them in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
I agree with this, WAR is a perfect example. The game started with something for everyone, but the developers started listening to five or six counter strike kids and they went from sixty servers to just three now, and they still haven't learned..the last producers letter told people they were killing the last vestiges of PVE for their "core" gamer...yeah all eight of them.

PVPers are basically like the Borg, they show up make demands and after the PVE game is either gone or Borked beyond all repair thanks to their incessant yelling for nerfs,, they move on to the next game, and the developer is left scratching his head wondering what he did wrong.

tbh i havent seen to much of a focus on pvp on the side of cryptic here, and even the polls said pvp was like the least looked after feature to improve ... any link pointing me towards inc pvp revamps or pve nerfs i need to see and be worried about now ?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2010, 04:31 AM
I completely agree with the OP. So true that PVP focus ruins the actual purpose of the game, which was to imerse the player into the star trek universe with a dynamic and growing storyline.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
tbh i havent seen to much of a focus on pvp on the side of cryptic here, and even the polls said pvp was like the least looked after feature to improve ... any link pointing me towards inc pvp revamps or pve nerfs i need to see and be worried about now ?
Read the 21st installment of ask Cryptic, read the numerous dev post trying to placate crying PVPers Google is your friend, posting link or it didn't happen doesn’t defuse the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2010, 04:40 AM
I've done PvP in the beginning, Klingon side, and it didn't do much for me, tho I'll still get into some sometime. it's PvE i much preferr, and if true, the those 8 PvPers won't let us have PvE. why would the devs even listen to such a minorty in the first place, anyway, cuz they're the lifers?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post

It's a bit long but I think I just found my new signature.