Lt. Commander
# 1 Anti borg Traits for Bo's
04-26-2010, 04:13 AM
i was just wondering what people think are the best traits for bridge officers to have VS the borg, i was personally thinking Sure Footed (root resist). but there r prob more?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2010, 04:57 AM
First you want to name your ship somthing like: NO PLAYBLE BORG FACTION EVER

I kid I kid
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faymar
First you want to name your ship somthing like: NO PLAYBLE BORG FACTION EVER

I kid I kid
mm no cant name my ship that way ... but mebbeh a fleet ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Well, not just with Borg, but with all enemies I do the following:

1. Half the team (SCI and Eng BOs) carry Expose Weapons, the Tacs carry Exploit Weapons, and I switch between both.

2. Skills that root or push back are good to use against Borg. They walk pretty slow anyway, but root abilities really make them vulnerable to flanking and grenades.

3. Use body armor that either has revenge or push back as well. Since Borg like to swarm in close around you, REV works real well against them, its an AOE ability.

4. If you are lucky enough to have been in Test Server awhile back, you have the Borg Tribble....VERY NICE!!

5. You can get weapons that are specificlly anti-Borg from the merits you gain from completing Infected, The Cure and Khitomer Accord.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
Well, not just with Borg, but with all enemies I do the following:

1. Half the team (SCI and Eng BOs) carry Expose Weapons, the Tacs carry Exploit Weapons, and I switch between both.

2. Skills that root or push back are good to use against Borg. They walk pretty slow anyway, but root abilities really make them vulnerable to flanking and grenades.

3. Use body armor that either has revenge or push back as well. Since Borg like to swarm in close around you, REV works real well against them, its an AOE ability.

4. If you are lucky enough to have been in Test Server awhile back, you have the Borg Tribble....VERY NICE!!

5. You can get weapons that are specificlly anti-Borg from the merits you gain from completing Infected, The Cure and Khitomer Accord.
thx but i know all that, was just interested in what traits i should look for in BO's
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
thx but i know all that, was just interested in what traits i should look for in BO's
Oh you mean species traits....Not sure on that.

Vulcans are very strong, and their melee / martial arts attacks have a good chance for pushback or knockdowns.

Other than that, I could not tell you.