Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I might get the comet for the nacelles and auxiliary pod. The rest of the parts, especially the saucer, I don't like as much as parts from the current classes.
It looks like the malformed ******* (*scratchout* illegitimate) child of a Dervish and a Sol. I don't even like the look of the pod
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
It looks like the malformed ******* (*scratchout* illegitimate) child of a Dervish and a Sol. I don't even like the look of the pod
ahahaha malformed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph001
ahahaha malformed
Much was said about the Olympus class of Science vessels.

At least those ones were kosher.

I like the new Maelstrom look - it gives us something blockier than the smooth lines we're used to. Variety is always a plus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Much was said about the Olympus class of Science vessels.

At least those ones were kosher.

I like the new Maelstrom look - it gives us something blockier than the smooth lines we're used to. Variety is always a plus.
They're actually referring to the Comet. Personally, I like certain parts from every ship they've released in the C-store so far, and I really like the Maelstrom and the Nimbus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Much was said about the Olympus class of Science vessels.

At least those ones were kosher.

I like the new Maelstrom look - it gives us something blockier than the smooth lines we're used to. Variety is always a plus.
On the sort of ship that should actually have blocky lines, rather than a cruiser *shudder* ugh the Imperial.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
On the sort of ship that should actually have blocky lines, rather than a cruiser *shudder* ugh the Imperial.
At least the Imperial doesn't look like a new Apple product.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm a fan of sleek lines and nice curves in my Starships, as opposed to the blocky ones.

Ferraris > Semi Trucks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
I'm a fan of sleek lines and nice curves in my Starships, as opposed to the blocky ones.

Ferrari's > Semi Trucks.
Well, if the developers made something as unconventional as a DeLorean - we could all agree that it would be a change of pace to ship design.

Seriously though, I like the Maelstrom design.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
At least the Imperial doesn't look like a new Apple product.
I just had a vision of starship models with translucent, pastel-colored hulls. I hate you now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
I'm a fan of sleek lines and nice curves in my Starships, as opposed to the blocky ones.

Ferrari's > Semi Trucks.
There's sleek and there's too sleek. The Galaxy class had around the right balance, I think. Then came the Intrepid, which was so soft and curvy it looked like it was limply squeezed from a tube of toothpaste. The Sovereign managed to take design forward again by reintroducing strong lines and sweeping arcs, but the Prometheus tossed all that out the waste pipe by trying to look like a dagger but being just curved enough to seem awkward and drippy. That's why i liked the Hephaestus so much - it looks like you could actually stab someone with it without wondering if it was really rubber or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Well, if the developers made something as unconventional as a DeLorean - we could all agree that it would be a change of pace to ship design.

Seriously though, I like the Maelstrom design.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad I'm working on an engi/escort alt right now, because I wouldn't want to choose between keeping my Hephaestus or switching to a Maelstrom on my tac/escort char.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 AM.