Lt. Commander
# 1 Bolian Appearance
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Random question: The Bolians in my game have totall smooth heads...no bifurcating facial ridge, no horizontal "stripes" running back across the cranium. Is it the same for everyone? I'm on the low end of system minimums for video so I'm really just curious. Everyone else looks like you'd expect from Trek but the Bolians look nothing like what you see in the videos. Also, I can't give any of my characters a scar or tattoo....

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
The Bolian ridge is not 3D if you mean that. Its just a painted on stripe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't really even get the stripe...or the horizontal marks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill7436 View Post
Random question: The Bolians in my game have totall smooth heads...no bifurcating facial ridge, no horizontal "stripes" running back across the cranium. Is it the same for everyone? I'm on the low end of system minimums for video so I'm really just curious. Everyone else looks like you'd expect from Trek but the Bolians look nothing like what you see in the videos. Also, I can't give any of my characters a scar or tattoo....

Thoughts?
Video settings go a long way to determine the amount of detail being shown--Bolians look far more detailed in high-end systems than in low-end, and they show worse degradation than some of the other races. Scars and tattoos don't show up that well because they automatically go in as a color VERY close to their skin color.

Change the tattoo or scar color, and you might get some results, but they'll only be viewed when you zoom in real close.