Lt. Commander
As of right now i have made a Klingon character, tactical LtCom Grade 2, who i have tried to make him into a melee based ground pvper, along with some space stats as well- my beginning attributes are:

Covert
Efficient Captain
Physical Strength
Warp Theorist

Now- when i am in the pvp zone, i understand if i stay too far away for too long i will die being melee- even taking in the account of switching to a rifle and shooting them til i get close. But it seems like, even with a melee based kit (atm im using a rare operative mk IV) but yet i do hardly ANY noticeable dmg, even when using exposed attacks.

Am i doing something wrong? or is melee just a waste of time?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2010, 05:59 PM
in PvP...yeah pretty much it's useless in my opinion. However in PvE melee can be devastating.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
in PvP...yeah pretty much it's useless in my opinion. However in PvE melee can be devastating.
Couldn't agree more, I never have a captain without a Bat'leth on backup. Gotta love DS9 for supplying them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2010, 06:35 PM
For PVP Ground, I have noticed as a Federation player character, the best weapon is the Bat'lith. If you get hit by a large ground of Kilngons, you need some serious close damage support, unless you like being stabbed significantly. I find a Phaser MKX assault rifle is good too, and it has a ton of knockdown power. I find the Medic Kit tricorder to slow for the PVP area, but the physician or Xenobiologist or Bio research are better.

Bring backup...on a side note...I think dying 50 times in a pvp melee is probably a normal distribution curve.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Ground PvP is ridiculously stupid to begin with. I have only 1 word to say that best describes the stupidity of STO ground PvP. Something that once I got to Captain with my first character, I promised to never return to this stupid version of PvP.

"HOLD"

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I think the biggest problem with going all melee is shields. Once someone's shields are down you can rip them apart with melee but most people have ways to prop their shields up and try to stay out of range of melee. If you are with a good team, they can work with you to allow you to close on your opponents. Melee seems to me to be one of the more difficult to master especially since when you lose your target, you sometimes find yourself running in the opposite direction looking at whatever and the disorientation with reorienting yourself is often just enough time to get you killed.

Personally, I like the PvP. It's not the most realistic but it's certainly more balanced on the ground than it is in space. Get yourself a regular team who can drop shields while you close and you will have a lot more success with your hand to hand ... until then find a way to drop someone's shields on your own. Tachyon Harmonic is great for that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
Ground PvP is ridiculously stupid to begin with. I have only 1 word to say that best describes the stupidity of STO ground PvP. Something that once I got to Captain with my first character, I promised to never return to this stupid version of PvP.

"HOLD"

That is all.
Yes, which is why I never sign up for ground pvp, ever.