Lt. Commander
# 1 SyFy + STO
04-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Was channel surfing Monday and hesitated on SyFy channel because they were showing a Next Generation marathon. Good stuff.

But, I noticed on the bottom of the screen some "cryptic" words (pun intended).

Paraphrased: Want an advantage in Star Trek Online? Go to SyFy.com/startrekonline and something about a kit or something similar.

Turns out, they're selling a SyFy exclusive STO that includes 500 cryptic points and some sort of deflector shield.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valasha
Was channel surfing Monday and hesitated on SyFy channel because they were showing a Next Generation marathon. Good stuff.

Paraphrased: Want an advantage in Star Trek Online? Go to SyFy.com/startrekonline and something about a kit or something similar.

Turns out, they're selling a SyFy exclusive STO that includes 500 cryptic points and some sort of deflector shield.
So it is just line any other store exclusive item. OK... and?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valasha

Not any different then the TOS Connie I got with my Gamestop purchase, or the turret, uniforms, etc that came with the DDE version.. or the 500 Cryptic points that came from Wal-mart, or Atari.. or....

wait... what was the point of your post?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Yep I got the Boffo TOS uniforms and a Turret thingy. I love free stuff with your order.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
Not any different then the TOS Connie I got with my Gamestop purchase, or the turret, uniforms, etc that came with the DDE version.. or the 500 Cryptic points that came from Wal-mart, or Atari.. or....

wait... what was the point of your post?
Maybe he just thought it was cool to see the game mentioned on the Sci Fi network Oh the humanity and shame. Why not put up the pitchforks for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Maybe he just thought it was cool to see the game mentioned on the Sci Fi network Oh the humanity and shame. Why not put up the pitchforks for a while.
Do you know what syfy means in polish?

or what the slang meaning is?

go to urban dictionary, I was lmao, after finding out.

David Howe is a sellout (feminine hygiene product) and failed to properly research the name for his newly branded "ghost wrestling" channel.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupgoblin View Post
Do you know what syfy means in polish?

or what the slang meaning is?

go to urban dictionary, I was lmao, after finding out.

David Howe is a sellout (feminine hygiene product) and failed to properly research the name for his newly branded "ghost wrestling" channel.
But.. that's how all the cool kids type out 'sci-fi' on their twitters and blog pages and cell phone text things. At least that's the reason that was given for the change in name..
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
But.. that's how all the cool kids type out 'sci-fi' on their twitters and blog pages and cell phone text things. At least that's the reason that was given for the change in name..
Heh, I really do not believe that, besides we all know we have better things to tweet about than sci-fi
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
1 point for mentioning something ST:O related.

-10 for typing that dreaded and immensly stupid spelling of the sci-fi channel. I don't care if they told that network texting while crashing your car is cool; it's a dumb thing they did...period.

Er anywho, I'll check it out, because I'm silly like that. (Edit I did, and I'm not re-purchasing the game solely for 500 points and one item.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2010, 08:18 PM
i find the name change so very funny.......nothing worse the kids with bad grammar.so hey wtf will make it easy on you poor people.we will just change all the names of everything so you can spell or evern read them on a 2 year old level