Lt. Commander
# 1 what is "healing"?
04-26-2010, 07:16 PM
what does "healing" mean when the stats come up after a pvp game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
It refers to hull healing. Like engineering team and I believe hazard emitters also. Shield healing like Sci team doesnt count twords the number.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
The amount of hull heal that you either use on yourself, or give to your allies. Engineering Team and Hazard Emitters are the way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 4 thanks
04-26-2010, 07:42 PM
thanks for the info...
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2010, 10:06 PM
a shame realy, u leave the playing field wide open for gamers trying to get noticed. hull healing to the max, but when shields are needed dont provide cause it wont show up in the meters. vice versa people actualy doing alot of shield healing could be considered nubs because 'they dont contribute to a game' at least thats what everyone thinks because they have low damage at the end and low (hull)healing. not true, these guys could have easily just won you the map. like i said, a shame
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Reel View Post
a shame realy, u leave the playing field wide open for gamers trying to get noticed. hull healing to the max, but when shields are needed dont provide cause it wont show up in the meters. vice versa people actualy doing alot of shield healing could be considered nubs because 'they dont contribute to a game' at least thats what everyone thinks because they have low damage at the end and low (hull)healing. not true, these guys could have easily just won you the map. like i said, a shame
Agreed.

I throw out SciTeam WAY more than I throw out EngTeam/Hazard Emitters.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S._KAKU
what does "healing" mean when the stats come up after a pvp game?
That about sums up Fed PvP....
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyXP View Post
That about sums up Fed PvP....
Really?

2-Fleet-member Space PvP: Capture-and-Hold (FvF) defeat results 16 April 2010

PUG Space PvP: Capture-and-Hold (FvF) defeat results 26 April 2010

===

In response to the original post, as others have said, 'Healing' statistics at the moment refer to hull repairs to self and/or others. Cryptic has stated that 'Healing' will be changed in the near future to include shield repairs as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2010, 06:05 AM
I did however see an engi report saying that they are working on adding sheild healing to the "healing equation" so this should stop the unapreciated sheild healer, others that aslo count towards healing are:

Miracle Worker (engi only)
Emergency power to Auxillery - self heal but doesnt share a CD with Engi team or hazzard emiiters so a great 'oh ****' button as long as you pump your aux really high when using it.

What i think the new healing equation will mean:

Extend sheilds wil become the god of healing, its a 30 sec sheild heal, sci team still shares a CD with engi team, i use 2 engi teams to rotate hull heals, i cant see this changing to raise my healing score.

Sci healers using the weaker sci version of Extend sheilds (sorry can't remember the name off the top of my head)will get a little boost but still if i remember, dependant on aux power level.

For PVP i have found it best (both sides) to heal in is a cruiser, although cumbersome to turn and get within 5km some times the resillience of a cruiser beats on a sci ship or BoP. This generally means you have more Engi slots than Sci slots which suits well to my engi/cruiser play style (2 engi teams, 2 extend sheilds, 2 RSPs)
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Really?

2-Fleet-member Space PvP: Capture-and-Hold (FvF) defeat results 16 April 2010

PUG Space PvP: Capture-and-Hold (FvF) defeat results 26 April 2010

===

In response to the original post, as others have said, 'Healing' statistics at the moment refer to hull repairs to self and/or others. Cryptic has stated that 'Healing' will be changed in the near future to include shield repairs as well.
Yes, really. You can throw the one or two examples you have out there Matt and I can refer you to the dozens of PvP videos my fleet has on YouTube where healing is horribly neglected by Fed PvP'ers. If you happen to be in a room with more healing than not it is the exception...not the rule. Case in point...you have more healing by yourself then the entire team that faced you. Fed PvP is a joke when it comes to serious teamwork, sorry. Your second link shows more of the same. Cameron (aka Faithborn) has more healing than the 5 or 6 others playing with him combined! Your links strengthen my original point rather than diminish it.