Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
as a matter of fact - we just had the kick-off for the 3rd Klingon specific episode today - and part of the mission required you to launch a sneak attack on the Utopia Plentia shipyards above Mars.

So yes - Klingon specific episodes starting in Season 2 will introduce a Klingon Faction specific story arc to the game.
ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST ...im going to return these plane tickets now nevermind what they were for lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Grand Nagus, your are missing an obvious point. It's a map the Klingons can visit, so can the Federation. It's a map of the Utopia Planitia Ship Yards.in orbit above (HINT)--->>> MARS <<<--- (HINT).
That was the first thing I thought of actually, I'm really exited about this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
What? That sounds like you are adding cool Klingon Content. Did I unwilling enter a parallel Dimension?
I don't know about parallel dimensions, but they are always favoring the Klingons with awesome new content and the Federation sits on the sideline. Our faction is dying day by day, as we are the only PVE faction in the enitre game and are not allowed to have PvP because "it doesn't fit Gene Roddenbery's optimistic vision of the future".





Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I don't know about parallel dimensions, but they are always favoring the Klingons with awesome new content and the Federation sits on the sideline. Our faction is dying day by day, as we are the only PVE faction in the enitre game and are not allowed to have PvP because "it doesn't fit Gene Roddenbery's optimistic vision of the future".





Actually it doesnt fit in that Vision.
But this Vision died peacefully with the last Enterprise-Episode and were corpse-violatet by Abrahams, and STO wich is almost completly about fighting doesnt fit into this vision in any way.

And actually I missunderstood this dev-post, it came on the same day the season 1.1 patch came and i thought theyd add that mission on THAT DAY, actually it was just another of a lot of promises.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15 Wtg!
05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Yay! Klingon content! Woohoo!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Three episodic missions - whoop de fraking do - that will take what, about 5 hours of game time at most?

What we need is Klingon faction unique PvP. Something that really makes the "PvP faction" a PvP faction, something the Fedrats don't EVER get to do. Something players will spend days and weeks enjoying, instead of a few hours. Something cool, meaningful, exciting, even rewarding. Preferably several somethings.


Some suggestions:
- 40 on 40 (maximum number not a requirement to get started) to the last Klingon cage match with NPC "monster" enforces to ensure players do not doddle.

- 1 on 1 ground and space matches with consentual betting.

- tournaments that can be run by individuals or fleets.

- capture the flag type 20 vs 20 team war games (time limited), multiple instances as needed, starting every 5-10 minutes, 24/7/365.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Three episodic missions - whoop de fraking do - that will take what, about 5 hours of game time at most?
Right, but a lot of people already said: Story missions, as good as they are, are over soon. They should focus on good repeatable content in any way.
My impression is that not many Klingon players want story missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
What we need is Klingon faction unique PvP. Something that really makes the "PvP faction" a PvP faction, something the Fedrats don't EVER get to do. Something players will spend days and weeks enjoying, instead of a few hours. Something cool, meaningful, exciting, even rewarding. Preferably several somethings.
The problem of unique PvP for Klingons is see is: If it is unique, who should we fight? Nobody likes KvK!!!!! And if it is unique for Klingons there are no feds. So whats the purpose of unique pvp? Or did I missunderstand that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Some suggestions:
- 40 on 40 (maximum number not a requirement to get started) to the last Klingon cage match with NPC "monster" enforces to ensure players do not doddle.
For me even the big C&H are to big, i just Q for the small. Why? Because feds go as Fedball anyway, a 40 ship fedball just onehits you faster in you get into it.
And try to find 40 Klingons online at the same time.... how should we get 40 in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
- 1 on 1 ground and space matches with consentual betting.
Well they keep asking for it, but if you dont like the feds wining about OP Klingons now, look what will happen then.
In a teamplay the Cloak is a slight advantage, in 1vs 1 it actually IS op, espacially Battlecloak. And if they take away the Claok for that the Feds will be OP.
1 vs 1 cant be banaced in any way in sto.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Three episodic missions - whoop de fraking do - that will take what, about 5 hours of game time at most?.
What gave you the impression that it would be only 3 episodic missions? I kinda expect it to be content from Lt5. to RA 5. (At least together with the faction-neutral missions.) Of course, I might be overly optimistic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
as a matter of fact - we just had the kick-off for the 3rd Klingon specific episode today - and part of the mission required you to launch a sneak attack on the Utopia Plentia shipyards above Mars.

So yes - Klingon specific episodes starting in Season 2 will introduce a Klingon Faction specific story arc to the game.

well thats nice. to bad you focus all that time pumping out useless crap on the C-store instead of fixing only important things...

imagine the good things you could have done with all those hundreds of hours you spent trying to make us waste even more money on you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
well thats nice. to bad you focus all that time pumping out useless crap on the C-store instead of fixing only important things...

imagine the good things you could have done with all those hundreds of hours you spent trying to make us waste even more money on you.
You do realize that they are working on both aspects at the same time right?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 AM.