Lt. Commander
# 21
05-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
You do realize that they are working on both aspects at the same time right?
sure, but obviously not as fast as they could be.

everything that isn't addressing important issues is a waste of time. and at the moment that is everything they add to the C-store.

adding useless crap to the C-store when an entire faction lacks such a huge part of playability is a big middle finger in our faces.

they don't seem care a whole lot about klingon pve gameplay, if they did they would actually show some interest in adding stuff to it, not just copy and paste federation fleet action and exploration maps.

so far all i've seen is stuff added to federation side, yes they need attention to but their "fix one thing first" approach isn't working in a situation like this. not when half the game is nonexistent.

fire the ppl working with the C-store items and hire more ppl to work on the actual game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
as a matter of fact - we just had the kick-off for the 3rd Klingon specific episode today - and part of the mission required you to launch a sneak attack on the Utopia Plentia shipyards above Mars.

So yes - Klingon specific episodes starting in Season 2 will introduce a Klingon Faction specific story arc to the game.
Sounds good. I don't want or need a huge KDF storyline, but some would be nice. Like why break the Khitomer Accord and start a war with The Feds when the Romulan Star Empire has been devestated (apart from the fact the Romulans aint in it yet and it gives PvP. That's game mechanics, not a story). As much as the Klingons dislike Starfleet, their attitude toward Romulans makes the relationship with the Federation seem quite amicable in comparison. That, however, is possibly something to be explored in the future as the Timeline of the game and possibility (probability?) of more factions gives the Devs huge scope. Anyway, bring on Mars.

"If you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-05-2010, 06:47 PM
If Cryptic stopped working on anything that is not directly related to Klingons and devoted ALL their resources to fixing Klingons it might only take 12-18 months for them even things up.

Instead they are providing 3 to 5 times the new content for Federation as they are Klingons. Check the engineering reports if you doubt this.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
My impression is that not many Klingon players want story missions.
unfortunately, from the critic complaints and such, your impression, which was roughly similar to mine, is sorely mistaken. from the description where the KDF spends more time "fighting against the federation as well as against other houses" one could be lead to believe that theirs will be a very pvp (or at least very combat) centered faction. developers could have tied to that theme even more by creating specific pvp gametypes that can only be accessible through kvk, as well as increasing gametypes available in fvk, while fvf gameplay would simply be the cap and hold and arena gametypes. but thats not what the players wanted. they wanted story missions, episodic missions, and so such was given.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
as a matter of fact - we just had the kick-off for the 3rd Klingon specific episode today - and part of the mission required you to launch a sneak attack on the Utopia Plentia shipyards above Mars.

So yes - Klingon specific episodes starting in Season 2 will introduce a Klingon Faction specific story arc to the game.
Woohoo,... does the happy dance

and may I say ABOUT TIME!

I loves my klingon, but clusters are DULLSVILLE at present.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Well if they focused all there effort on filling out the Klingon contect then they would have designers sitting around waiting for the programmers to get everything ready. Which would be a wast of time and resources, and would still take the same amount of time as it is taking now.

Instead they have their designers working on little additions for us to have to tide us over until the major stuff its able to come out.

Basically the designers are giving us appetizers while the programmers get the main course cooked.

Try watching the STOked interview with Craig Zinkievich here
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Two things:

First, Theres a war on...During the Dominion War there was a lot of fighting going on in the DS9 episodes. Obviously the Federation has a powerful military. I dont get people saying all this fighting isnt Star Trek! Yes, there should be missions resolved through diplomacy or exploraiton (AND THERE ARE) but theres a war on and Starfleet Command isnt gonna send a Galaxy Class cruiser off to the middle of nowhere to serve tea and crumpets to some back water planet that wants to join the Federation, or map a Nebula (unles the nebula potentially holds a wormhole that could end the war months or years ahead of time by allowing the new Galaxy X ship to sneak cloaked to quonos and strike a deciver blow against the High Council!!)

Second, the Klingon factions needs PVE in order to be viable. Here is why. If the Faction is PVP only like some people seem to want, then that means the casual players wont play it, that means that the bulk of Klingon's will die in their beds at LT 10 or less as their owners realize what a horrible grind it is to get to RA5.

Now if those same players can do story and pve missions to get to RA5, and then as they are leveling get some quests that reward going in for the occasional PVP match, then there will be more PVP at all levels as well.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th0rh4mm3r
Two things:

First, Theres a war on...During the Dominion War there was a lot of fighting going on in the DS9 episodes. Obviously the Federation has a powerful military. I dont get people saying all this fighting isnt Star Trek! Yes, there should be missions resolved through diplomacy or exploraiton (AND THERE ARE) but theres a war on and Starfleet Command isnt gonna send a Galaxy Class cruiser off to the middle of nowhere to serve tea and crumpets to some back water planet that wants to join the Federation, or map a Nebula (unles the nebula potentially holds a wormhole that could end the war months or years ahead of time by allowing the new Galaxy X ship to sneak cloaked to quonos and strike a deciver blow against the High Council!!)

Second, the Klingon factions needs PVE in order to be viable. Here is why. If the Faction is PVP only like some people seem to want, then that means the casual players wont play it, that means that the bulk of Klingon's will die in their beds at LT 10 or less as their owners realize what a horrible grind it is to get to RA5.

Now if those same players can do story and pve missions to get to RA5, and then as they are leveling get some quests that reward going in for the occasional PVP match, then there will be more PVP at all levels as well.
Exactly. Basically the Feds need a bit more Diplomacy (coming in S2 with the diplomatic corp thing I hope) and the KDF needs storyline missions and more costume options + additional space sectors (also soming in S2 patch I hope).

Only thing I really am worried about is that the damage is already done and it may be too late. I hope that a lot of ppl will come back to give S2 patch a look and if all is according to what Cryptic claims, then the game should be saved and we can all enjoy a more or less balanced faction system. Altho KDF still doesn't seem to get any crafting atm.