Lt. Commander
# 11
04-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Its rare to find a post that has a valid message only to have it delivered in such a condescending manner. I've watched your PVP vids and found them to be a wonderful source of information, but these types of posts only detract from any respect you may have previously earned.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-27-2010, 07:56 AM
I don't think you called enough people "scrubs". The 1990s called; they want their smack talk back.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-27-2010, 07:59 AM
I had a whole wall of text full of very important points and counter points but when I hit submit it was rejected. Seems that my posts character limit was reduced to make room for all the ego in this thread. This is all I...
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
Oh my bad... a post that celebrates one fleet and calls everyone else a scrub.

Keep it classy DOB!
I am not even going to call these guys Elites any more. They don't have the attitude of champions. They just TRY to cut down everybody to lift up their ego's. They are not even worth people's time.

Just do what I do.

At the beginning of a PvP match, type "/who" and if you see one of these groups of mouth breathers are in the match. Then just fly off the map, or leave,.. or camp the base. Don't even give them the satisfaction of gang banging you.

Just meet their smack talk and insults with the sound space is known best for.

Silence.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-27-2010, 08:01 AM
what makes DOB so good? from an outside point of view
  1. They are coordinated with voice communications (because typing during pvp = death)
  2. They use builds made for pvp (read: no cruisers with 5 rsp copies)
  3. They work as a team
  4. They are each skilled individuals

that's what I've noticed, thats why I respect them. Sure the smack talk gets a little harsh, but in all honesty if people had stopped getting ****y at them for playing to win a long time ago it would not have come to this.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Just do what I do.
Uhm, no.

You misunderstand, I like them better because they **** off whiners like you. Everything the OP says is right, I just find it funny how Rev cannot help but insult everyone while trying to give them useful information.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
what makes DOB so good? from an outside point of view
  1. They are coordinated with voice communications (because typing during pvp = death)
  2. They use builds made for pvp (read: no cruisers with 5 rsp copies)
  3. They work as a team
  4. They are each skilled individuals

that's what I've noticed, thats why I respect them. Sure the smack talk gets a little harsh, but in all honesty if people had stopped getting ****y at them for playing to win a long time ago it would not have come to this.
All of the positives you mentioned are completely countered by their attitude. It is the same attitude that is perpetuated by every person stuck at a high school mentality.

Cancer is very good at beating most cells in the human body as well.

Cancer would consider itself elite.. but it still kills the host in the end.

I see a cancer. That is not something I strive to be.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
Uhm, no.

You misunderstand, I like them better because they **** off whiners like you. Everything the OP says is right, I just find it funny how Rev cannot help but insult everyone while trying to give them useful information.
I am not whining. I am just not participating. There is a difference.

I don't participate in a gang bang. I am not complaining. That was why I said "silence"

They don't want a premade and a pug que, so they can have easy wins....

Then let them just win and we can move on to the next match and have some fun.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-27-2010, 08:09 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMadman View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Every time these people open their big mouths, they lower the perception people have of them.

Keep it up guys. This is too fun.