Lt. Commander
# 1 RAWR against the machine
04-27-2010, 08:12 AM
The ship shuddered as a plasma torpedo slammed into the shields.

"Port shield at 50%, Admiral!" shouted the bridge engineer, Commander Diremulle. "Rerouting emergency power to shields."

"Damn, where are those away teams. We need to disable this Tactical Cube's auxillary power so we can move! Helmsman, inform me when we break this tractor beam, then swing starboard so we can fire with our aft torpedoes," barked Admiral Hajeemi Q. Vrano.

"Aye, sir! Preparing to mo..." Commander Corspa started to reply, punching in commands into her console. She is interrupted as another round of torpedoes slammed into the port shield, jostling the bridge crew harshly from the impact. Sparks shower from some electronics, the lights flickering ominously for a moment.

"Port shield at 20% Admiral! We need to move NOW!" Diremulle shouted as she held on to her console. Suddenly, the USS Stewart lurched forward, the tractor beam going offline that was holding the cruiser. A static-filled communication comes over the speakers. It is Commander Koras, leading the away team. Phaser fire can be heard in the background, with some explosions.

"Admiral, we have disa<static>llary power. Requesting emerge<static>mout for six!" Koras' voice was the seemingly calm, gravelly voice of a Klingon who was in his element in the middle of a fight, but was an honorable officer who knew his primary mission was to get his team back to the Stewart at this point.

"Transporter room, get our team out of the cube!" Vrano ordered into his com on his command chair. "Helm, get us in firing position. Aft torpedo room, load a transphasic torpedo and fire when ready. Forward torpedo room, load quantum torpedoes, set for a spread shot, and prepare to fire on my order."

"Aye, sir!" came the double reply over the comm. The USS Stewart continued to shudder under the fire from the Tactical Cube, but all hands were doing their jobs. Koras and his team were back on board the ship, with two casualties. As the cruiser's aft swung around to face the Tactical Cube, a transphasic torpedo shot out of the tube. Slower than normal torpedoes, it arced up toward a weak spot on the Cube.

"Corspa, get some distance between us and that Cube. I don't want to be near it when it goes. 3/4 Impulse and turn our fore back toward the cube at 9 klicks out," Vrano ordered.

"Aye, Admiral, 3/4 impulse, come about at 9 clicks!" Corpsa punched in the commands with ease, and the USS Stewart accelerated. The transphasic torpedo slipped in a damaged spot of the Tactical Cube, and exploded as it was programmed to. It ripped a large chunk out of the Cube, tossing mangled metal and Borg into the silence of space. The shockwave collided with the aft shield of the USS Stewart, but the cruiser was safely away, allowing the shield to absorb the shock. At nine kilometers, the USS Stewart turned and slowed, and when it fully faced the disabled Tactical Cube, Admiral Vrano ordered the forward torpedo room to fire a full spread of quantum torpedos. The torpedoes streaked out, with phaser fire still erupting from the phaser arrays and impacting with various parts of the Cube. In a matter of seconds, bright flashes appeared with each torpedo impact, tearing more of the Cube apart.

"Sir, she is going to break apart," Commander B'Apor, the science officer, stated.

"All stop, helm," ordered Vrano. He and the bridge crew watched the viewscreen. In what seemed to take an eternity, the Borg Cube started to break apart, miniature explosions throughout. Then a huge explosion from the core tore through the Cube, shattering what was left of this huge, terrible ship. It was always a sight to see one of these large ships being destroyed. The crew stood for a moment more.

"Sir, no other Borg contacts on sensors," reported B'Apor.

"Alright, lets go see what we won. Helm, lets move closer, scan the debris for the treasure box," Vrano said.

The Stewart glided in slowly, avoiding the large debris, and small debris being pushed aside from the deflector. "Located the treasure box, Admiral."

"Bring it aboard. B'Apor, come with me so we can go see what is inside it."

Vrano and B'Apor go down to the hangar deck, where the treasure box is waiting on the deck. After scanning it to ensure it was safe, Vrano opened it. He reaches inside, and pulls out....

a shield battery.

Vrano looks at B'Apor. "Well, I am glad we risked our lives and ship for this. Please lodge a complaint to the Borg, tell them to stop coming here if all they are going to drop are batteries. It is not worth my time, my crew, or my ship to fight them for this crap."

"Aye, Admiral."
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
The ship shuddered as a plasma torpedo slammed into the shields.

"Port shield at 50%, Admiral!" shouted the bridge engineer, Commander Diremulle. "Rerouting emergency power to shields."

"Damn, where are those away teams. We need to disable this Tactical Cube's auxillary power so we can move! Helmsman, inform me when we break this tractor beam, then swing starboard so we can fire with our aft torpedoes," barked Admiral Hajeemi Q. Vrano.

"Aye, sir! Preparing to mo..." Commander Corspa started to reply, punching in commands into her console. She is interrupted as another round of torpedoes slammed into the port shield, jostling the bridge crew harshly from the impact. Sparks shower from some electronics, the lights flickering ominously for a moment.

"Port shield at 20% Admiral! We need to move NOW!" Diremulle shouted as she held on to her console. Suddenly, the USS Stewart lurched forward, the tractor beam going offline that was holding the cruiser. A static-filled communication comes over the speakers. It is Commander Koras, leading the away team. Phaser fire can be heard in the background, with some explosions.

"Admiral, we have disa<static>llary power. Requesting emerge<static>mout for six!" Koras' voice was the seemingly calm, gravelly voice of a Klingon who was in his element in the middle of a fight, but was an honorable officer who knew his primary mission was to get his team back to the Stewart at this point.

"Transporter room, get our team out of the cube!" Vrano ordered into his com on his command chair. "Helm, get us in firing position. Aft torpedo room, load a transphasic torpedo and fire when ready. Forward torpedo room, load quantum torpedoes, set for a spread shot, and prepare to fire on my order."

"Aye, sir!" came the double reply over the comm. The USS Stewart continued to shudder under the fire from the Tactical Cube, but all hands were doing their jobs. Koras and his team were back on board the ship, with two casualties. As the cruiser's aft swung around to face the Tactical Cube, a transphasic torpedo shot out of the tube. Slower than normal torpedoes, it arced up toward a weak spot on the Cube.

"Corspa, get some distance between us and that Cube. I don't want to be near it when it goes. 3/4 Impulse and turn our fore back toward the cube at 9 klicks out," Vrano ordered.

"Aye, Admiral, 3/4 impulse, come about at 9 clicks!" Corpsa punched in the commands with ease, and the USS Stewart accelerated. The transphasic torpedo slipped in a damaged spot of the Tactical Cube, and exploded as it was programmed to. It ripped a large chunk out of the Cube, tossing mangled metal and Borg into the silence of space. The shockwave collided with the aft shield of the USS Stewart, but the cruiser was safely away, allowing the shield to absorb the shock. At nine kilometers, the USS Stewart turned and slowed, and when it fully faced the disabled Tactical Cube, Admiral Vrano ordered the forward torpedo room to fire a full spread of quantum torpedos. The torpedoes streaked out, with phaser fire still erupting from the phaser arrays and impacting with various parts of the Cube. In a matter of seconds, bright flashes appeared with each torpedo impact, tearing more of the Cube apart.

"Sir, she is going to break apart," Commander B'Apor, the science officer, stated.

"All stop, helm," ordered Vrano. He and the bridge crew watched the viewscreen. In what seemed to take an eternity, the Borg Cube started to break apart, miniature explosions throughout. Then a huge explosion from the core tore through the Cube, shattering what was left of this huge, terrible ship. It was always a sight to see one of these large ships being destroyed. The crew stood for a moment more.

"Sir, no other Borg contacts on sensors," reported B'Apor.

"Alright, lets go see what we won. Helm, lets move closer, scan the debris for the treasure box," Vrano said.

The Stewart glided in slowly, avoiding the large debris, and small debris being pushed aside from the deflector. "Located the treasure box, Admiral."

"Bring it aboard. B'Apor, come with me so we can go see what is inside it."

Vrano and B'Apor go down to the hangar deck, where the treasure box is waiting on the deck. After scanning it to ensure it was safe, Vrano opened it. He reaches inside, and pulls out....

a shield battery.

Vrano looks at B'Apor. "Well, I am glad we risked our lives and ship for this. Please lodge a complaint to the Borg, tell them to stop coming here if all they are going to drop are batteries. It is not worth my time, my crew, or my ship to fight them for this crap."

"Aye, Admiral."
Pure.
Simple.
WIN!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2010, 05:16 AM
I am suprised no one else feels this way.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2010, 05:19 AM
Yep. I agree. Just last night I was in a fight with a +2 Jem'Hadar battleship against my (insanely armed) defiant.

By the time I got him, he had taken out 3 out of four sides of my shields and about 68% of my hull.

The treasure box?

Auxillary battery. I stopped the ship and grinned, remembering your post...

Yup, I know your pain.