Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP chat
04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Anyone else notice that the chat in pvp has become very nasty. For a long time chat was cool, ppl would say things like good fight, good game and so on. Now chat is rude and turned into your mama this your mama that type chat

What happened? Is it a diff group of ppl playing now or the ppl pvping now are less mature?
Heck i had a person the other day after the pvp match was over got on his fed char and was spamming me with stuff.

I feel one way to fix this to a point is to stop cross chat. Don't let Klingons talk to feds and vice versa.

Now i know this goes on in many mmo's and Fps games. But the cross chat makes it even worse.

/end rant
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2010, 02:45 PM
I agree that some of it has gotten out of hand. A lot of times if one person finds it obnoxious then people from either faction are equally turned off by it.

I think this was brought up before and I still believe that terminating cross faction communication is the absolute wrong way to go. It solves nothing and the ignore feature is there for a reason.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
I find that most chat goes very pleasently until someone is unfortunate enough to make a bad comment that someone finds rude or arrogant... Then it goes downhill.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
ummmmm if he switched factions to spam you.... ending cross faction chat would accomplish.....?

sorry but most of the people ive met has been during pvp on both sides, just ignore and move on, why let the few ruin it for everyone? especially since people arnt restricted to one faction.

this might sound mean but i like talking to the people i play with, i dont want to lose it beacuse someone spammed you and/or hurt your e-feelings lol. just add ignore the idiots like i do
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2010, 03:25 PM
yeah, some of them around real a-holes. had a klink this afternoon trying to taunt us by claimin we were utter noobs. while we were winning 1200 vs 300 at that tilme. just ignore such indivduals. and 2 games later u forgot this dude ever existed.

most are nice and give a gg after a match thoug
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Well I think it could be a lot worse. There are a few people who just can't help making excuses for themselves when they die, or whatever. I often say things like "f*** snb" if I get snb'd, which some people take as whining. Okay, it is whining, but it's not as bad as some people who say things like, "omg lol snb nubs learn to kill without using overpowered abilities lolol".

Maybe I'm just on at less antagonistic times. We Europeans are known for being a peaceful bunch, not prone to petty bickering or belligerent posturing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Cross faction chat is cool...if it gets out of hand, thats what a GM is for...they warn offenders first and if they still insist on being knuckleheads then boot em off chat for a bit...let the GMs earn their paychecks...thats providing the GMs are even monitoring the zone chat channels...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Maybe I'm just on at less antagonistic times. We Europeans are known for being a peaceful bunch, not prone to petty bickering or belligerent posturing.
The last five thousand years beg to differ. True of everywhere of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachVerant
Cross faction chat is cool...if it gets out of hand, thats what a GM is for...they warn offenders first and if they still insist on being knuckleheads then boot em off chat for a bit...let the GMs earn their paychecks...thats providing the GMs are even monitoring the zone chat channels...

No, you don't need GMs monitoring chat, or forbidden cross faction chat, you have an ignore feature built into the game. Use it. If you don't like what someone is saying, ignore them, you have the power and the responsibility.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Back when PVP was fun and worth playing, the cross-faction chat was a huge draw. I enjoyed getting to know my adversaries and bantering back and forth with them. But now that it takes twenty hours to cap a flag in SalvOp, which resulted in no one bothering with the flags anymore, I haven't bothered playing at all in a while.

Anyway, cross-faction chat should stay. I hope it's still there when they fix the idiotic flag capping time and it becomes fun again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Well I think it could be a lot worse. There are a few people who just can't help making excuses for themselves when they die, or whatever. I often say things like "f*** snb" if I get snb'd, which some people take as whining. Okay, it is whining, but it's not as bad as some people who say things like, "omg lol snb nubs learn to kill without using overpowered abilities lolol".

WW I and WW II mean anytthing to you? the crusades? who crusified that nitwit jesus christ? right it was US, the europeans. and im still loveing that last fact