Lt. Commander
# 11
04-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
While adding Klingon Faction tailoring options is on the docket for season 2 - allowing Klingon Faction players to play Gorn and Nausicaan ships is not yet. There is a decent amount of work in order to make an NPC ship model into a player ship models. We have talked about where we can fit this in the schedule, but for now its a little ways out. I certainly do want to someday fly a Gorn Battleship! That would be excellent.
I hope you can get it done for one of the Season 2 mini-updates (2.1, 2.2, 2.3) or Season 3. I definitely think that you should try to get them in soon, so that when you add Romulans, you'll be able to use Romulan, Reman, and Hirogen ships without players calling it unfair. Thanks for the update.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Its still kinda good news to see the devs like that idea. I really want that Talon Battleship. I'm in love with it. We want children, too. My avatar should reveal other secret desires.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
This is a feature I am really looking forward to.

It would be a great way to expand the ship selection of the KDF. Sure, some options for further customization of the Klingon ships would also be welcome, but the addition of racial ships (without cross-customization among the racial styles) would certainly enhance the play experience of the both factions -- especially the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
While adding Klingon Faction tailoring options is on the docket for season 2 - allowing Klingon Faction players to play Gorn and Nausicaan ships is not yet. There is a decent amount of work in order to make an NPC ship model into a player ship models. We have talked about where we can fit this in the schedule, but for now its a little ways out. I certainly do want to someday fly a Gorn Battleship! That would be excellent.
And I want a stardrive variant for my galaxy class
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-27-2010, 03:02 PM
As long as they don't make those ships have a cloaking device just because their a part of the klingon faction I'm fine with it. Would be nice to have some none cloaking sturdier ships for the klingon faction.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The Gorn and Orion are part of the Klingon faction as NPCs, so why not let players have access to these ships? Or are the Devs just saving these for the C-store?
Good question. Of course the answer is as obvious as was the case in your previous thread:

The dev's did not have enough time to make this game make proper sense. In anycase, I wouldn't be surprised if these things ended up in the C - Store. We were lead to believe prior to launch, that STO would boast a rich character customization feature and have TONS of alien races to choose from. Low and behold... we are limited in the amount of stock aliens we can choose from, and when they DO release them... we have to pay EXTRA.

Cryptic is a great company. Probably the best out there.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-28-2010, 12:45 AM
I suppose you could argue that the KDF would *only* employ klingon ships, and that the gorn and nausicaan fleets you see in game are not technically part of this fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-28-2010, 01:52 AM
But you could also say that an alliance is based on contributions from both sides. Why not use the available battle fleets of allies - if you are at war?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly
As long as they don't make those ships have a cloaking device just because their a part of the klingon faction I'm fine with it. Would be nice to have some none cloaking sturdier ships for the klingon faction.
Yeah, sacrifice the cloak for either a stronger hull or some fighter slots for lower tier ships?

I really think this is something we need to see - it's such a quick win for the Klingon faction.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-28-2010, 04:32 AM
I agree. It would make sense to add Gorn, Orion, and Naussican ships since it's doubtful the Klingons would hand over control of thier ships to an inferior species. At least until they have proven themselves enough by reaching the rank of captain the Klingon ships should not even be an option for beginning non Klingon characters.