Lt. Commander
# 1 Kudos on DS9
04-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I just wanted to throw this out there: I think DS9 is the pinnacle of what Cryptic has done with a canon location.

Instead of a generic map or a weird combination of random elements, you have here a persistent map, done right, and lots of development love spend on making logical use out of it as a hub to do things, a roleplay environment, a fleet action and multiple missions. I seriously wouldn't object to the ability to set my transwarp hub destination there and the addition of repeatable solo missions there. Maybe daily Gamma Quadrant exploration via the wormhole, a social mission, etc.

This is EXACTLY what I would like more of in the game. This is EXACTLY the route to go with Risa, San Francisco on Earth, Vulcan, Rura Penthe, etc. And I'd like to see a couple of places like this per season.

Sigma Iotia II would be a great spot for this (maybe with a Duckblind facility). I'd rather see one location done right as a staging ground than see twenty thousand places that are slapped together for variety. DS9 feels familiar and true to the IP.

Exploration is nice but there's just something about having an IP location fleshed out and well done and reused with a feeling of both story involvement and persistence that trumps strange new worlds for me. I never felt more like I was in an MMO than I did on DS9. And Kurland is the one NPC on my own side that I developed any emotional response to.

In terms of quest design, yeah, everybody will always love the Guardian. In terms of socialization, game design and an area that felt alive, DS9 trumps everything else I've seen and I want to say kudos to every dev involved for the experience. If the whole game was more like that, I think we'd be in GREAT shape.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I agree, they need a few mission givers dotted around Vulcan that we have to talk to directly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2010, 12:18 AM
DS9 is clearly the best designed hub, but I really think there should be Morn (or someone keeping his chair warm) and holosuites.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Agreed! It actually gave me chills of fun-times funness when I first stepped foot on, and had a look around. Very well done! And, as a side note, I had a BLAST with the accompanying Worm Hole series ... very well done, AND fun to look at the whole time!

d3n
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2010, 01:05 AM
ds9 is a good start, but like everything in this game its only in its infancy.

open up new sector space through the wormhole, new missions, new end game content vs the founders and other races.

and give players the choice of setting their ships home port as something other than sol. ds9 is the perfect counterpart, just needs fleshing out with more content.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Ds9 is good, i remember back in beta when it became available it was bugged and you couldn't actually leave it... i went anyways! I do miss morn though, i can't wait to be able to keep his seat warm when they implement sitting in chairs tech.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2010, 02:00 AM
I completely agree. DS9 is excellent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2010, 02:02 AM
DS9 is great and the new video for the DS9 fleet action looks brilliant but I just wish that it places like Quarks wasn't instanced.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2010, 02:05 AM
ummm.... what they said
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3nalii View Post
Agreed! It actually gave me chills of fun-times funness when I first stepped foot on, and had a look around. Very well done! And, as a side note, I had a BLAST with the accompanying Worm Hole series ... very well done, AND fun to look at the whole time!

d3n
First Time I visited DS9 They hadn't coded in a way to leave