Lt. Commander
# 1 Don't add a death penalty
04-27-2010, 11:38 PM
old pls lock I fixed the problem with my skills lolz.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Don't worry, on the lowest difficulty setting there is no death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Stay on Normal and there will be no Death penalty at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a ship configuration issue. I'm a science officer and in space combat I always had very little problem with anything besides battleships, when fighting battleships just stay away from their broadside, doin't circle of death with them, get behind them then match their speed and hammer them from behind with everything you have, and use all your and your bo abilities, they make a vast difference.. Since making admiral and maxing out my photonic theory to have photonic fleet, taking out a level 45 battleship now takes me all of about 15 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2010, 12:47 AM
ive only recently started playing a science ship so im no expert but if your being destroyed by battleships i think your doing something wrong. you might want to re-look at your bos skills or you might be entering areas well above your level. with the right bo abilities they are very tough to beat

this game is very easy and you really should not be dying 30 odd times trying to take out one battleship

otherwise if you are reducing them to 0% whilst you still have plenty of life then thats a bug
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2010, 12:49 AM
I run a T5 science ship and I can drop a borg cube in under 30 seconds.

I would suggest you read up some tips here on the forums, and read one of the wikis as much as you can.

Plus we can help... What level are you? What type of ship? What Bridge Officer skills are you using?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, those battleship can be hard. I find that I need to sprinkle fairy dust on them so they can't target me, also I make my shields glow green and my hull pulse yellow. I think the colour combination puts them off cause the incoming damage falls away as soon as I do this.

I hope this helps, but if not use a macro I find this one works great:

/bind space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields "
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTempler
As a science officer I get ****ing owned by enemy battleships all the time because they ****ing don't die, I get them to 0% hull and instead of them dying, I DO!!!!!!!! So every time i have to kill one I die about 30 times so **** you I quit if you add that.

Yes, this will surely make them not implement a death penalty at all. Let's always tell them to f'off and that will surely get them to do what we want. /insert random sarcasm here

OP, ever think to read further into the forums before posting? They have already said that Normal difficulty will NOT have a death penalty.

Also, take advice from people.. your spec must be really messed up if you're dieing that much to pve ships, or maybe you just dont know how to play the class correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2010, 01:30 AM
IF this game is too hard for you, you can always look up This game. Never played it, but it's the best i can think of that might be easier than STO
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2010, 01:37 AM
In my science ship the Battleships run away from me

You say you die when you get them to zero hull.. Only way that can happen is if the warp core breach kills you as you are to close. Remember one thing.. When hull reaches zero RUN LIKE HELL !!!