Lt. Commander
# 1 Creative Bridge Officer trait?
04-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I noticed that some bridge officers come with the creative trait which is 5% damage and healing with kits.

Now, as far as I understand, Boffs don't have kits per say, but they do use abilities that are available to players in kits. Is this the same thing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Your conclusion sounds logical to me, but I think it does actually affect your captain's kits abilities. I seem to remember reading a dev post a while back that said that. I'll try to find the post(s) about them, but I might not be able to find them (it's been a while). My main computer died, so I can't really play STO on this one, so I've got time on my hands, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasm
I noticed that some bridge officers come with the creative trait which is 5% damage and healing with kits.

Now, as far as I understand, Boffs don't have kits per say, but they do use abilities that are available to players in kits. Is this the same thing?
This question comes up a lot.

I think you're right.

Y'know what would be nice? If the game were documented in something vaguely resembling a competent fashion.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Testing results
04-28-2010, 02:25 AM
So... I thought to test it. Here is what I found out:

I brought 2 boffs with Medical Tricoder II maxed at 9/9. I found a cliff and jumped off it with my boff waiting for me at the bottom. I repeated at least 10 times for each try. First 2 tests were done with each boff alone in the team.

First officer doesn't have any creative traits: He gave me 375 hp. The 375 makes sense because the tooltip says 355 and I have 7/9 Science Team leader.

Second officer has basic creative which is 2.5% extra dmg and healing. Gave 384 healing

I then brought both boffs together with me, enabled each med tricoder in turns. First gave 375 and second 384.

Conclusion: Creative does affect "kits" or officer abilities
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for that, I had always assumed it to be the case. It's nice to know there is some evidence to prove it.
Lt. Commander
I have noticed that my healer with Superior Creative will give me a Medical Tricorder heal that is 7.5% better but I do not see an improvement with the Vascular Regeneration.

(?) Has anyone been able to determine for a certainty whether or not Creative on a Bridge Officer has any benefit? Does Creative help only instant heals / damage and not DoTs?
Ensign
# 7
12-19-2012, 05:06 AM
what about grenade damage for tactical bridge officer?

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic Thanks! ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-19-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Closed Thread