# 42
04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
as i am more of a Stargate fan anyway i would prefer 1 lol
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
the Dev Team don't seem interested in doing so as they have made a "firm decision" which was most likely the result of the forum users feedback at the time of testing back very early beta days.
The choice was made prior to Closed Beta, minimally.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
well tallying the scores..

we have 36 for 2D flight

we have 28 for 3D flight

that is at time of this post.
Where did you get those results from?

The tallying scores at time of this post are as follows.
  • 26 for 2D Starship movment (2 out of 26 votes for no change).

• 30 for 3D Starship movment.

Btw Pestalence_XC, I love your sig and avatar, very cool and creative to!
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Where did you get those results from?

The tallying the scores at time of this post are as follows.
  • 24 for 2D Starship movment (2 out of 24 votes for no change).

• 30 for 3D Starship movment.
3D Movement #1 - 19 votes
3D Movement #2 - 6 votes
3D Movement #3 - 3 votes
3D Movement #4 - 1 vote

Total - 29 Votes for 3D Movement

2D movement #1 - 9 votes
2D Movement #2 - 15 votes
2D Movement #3 - 0 Votes
2D Movement #4 (No Change) - 2 Votes

Total - 26 Votes for 2D Movement

Sorry on my first post.. hit the wrong key.

Don't forget to factor in all the Dev's as well since they stated that 3D flight WILL NOT (as in it isn't even an option no matter how the community feels) be in game.. so that is easily above my mistype of 36.. more along the lines of Infinite since they are the ones that are in control of developing the game; making this poll is meaningless and will not influence changing the game flight system one way or the other to sate a few who cherry picked a handful of episodes from the 730+ episodes of Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Very much against this idea. Inverted flight would be VERY un-Star Trek.

I votd=ed to keep it as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Sorry on my first post.. hit the wrong key.
No worries, I made a little mistake as well but corrected it now, which is human error, but arenít you a walking calculator?

Sorry I mean Terminator? LoL

Quote:
this poll is meaningless and will not influence changing the game flight system one way or the other to sate a few who cherry picked a handful of episodes from the 730+ episodes of Star Trek.
Well I really hope one day you become a "glass is half full" person, rather than a "glass is half empty" person, and also, by stating that this poll is meaningless, you are also stating that everything we post in the STO forum is meaningless.

As we all have a voice and we all have the right to be heard, plus the Devs consistently state that they will listen and so what if they previously stated that they don't want full 3D movement for whatever reasons they have, they didn't make STO for themselves and are not continuing to develop STO for themselves, the game is for the players.

The players deserve the right to be asked what they want in STO first before any final decisions are made.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-28-2010, 05:00 PM
This subject has been talked about for a long time with many forum threads and posts. The Devs have explained several times why the in game flight mechanics are as they are and many posters have suggested that to change the flight mechanics would spoil the game for them. Furthermore, many people have noted that STO is a MMO and thus liable to change much more than other types of games. (So maybe a compromise could be met!)

It is also fair to say that if you hate the game flight mechanics as they are - go play a flight sim for a while to get your 'realism kick' or a different game with other flight mechanics and fighting (WW2 fighter pilot games come to mind) as I do.

You are quite right to make your opinion known and make suggestions of how the game could change. Thing is, the OP reads as petty and childish and puts me very much in mind of Violet;

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=MyMovie.flv

It is highly unlikely that the Devs will meet your demands as they listened to lots of people during the different testing phases of the game before reaching the point at which the current flight mechanics where settled on.

It seems that suggesting the Devs do not listen to the players (as some have inferred) is plainly wrong in this case. The Devs did listen and made a choice - not the choice you want maybe, but the one they felt best.

Dang, that is twice I defended Cryptic in as many days - I'm losing my toouch.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Sure two of the Cryptic STO Team stated in interviews that it was optional, but that was taken out of context by the majority of readers and when they did eventually get the DP to Tribble, it was intended to be for all difficulty settings so that every player would be able to experience the new feature, but it was the minority of forum users that changed their mind about it and sure yeah, the decision more than likely did go through Zinc, considering he is the EP of STO, but the source cause for its removal from the normal setting was the forum community users.

So my original point still stands, that if the majority of players want something, the Devs consistently state that they will make it so or find a reasonable compromise and all I am doing here in this thread, is allow the majority to give accurate feedback, as the Dev Team don't seem interested in doing so as they have made a "firm decision" which was most likely the result of the forum users feedback at the time of testing back very early beta days.
the original point doesn't stand because you have fail to provide proof other then what you had written. link it or it didn't happen. it will save you much head ache.

Quote:

So why not allow the entire player base to voice their opinion? Maybe the Dev team won't risk the results coming out positive for 3D Starship movement, who knows, all I know is, they haven't made the effort.
I will tell you why, but I don't think you would understand, so I must do this first before I explain it to you again.

* pulls out flask, and drinks the full contents of it. *
Romulan Ale, takes a few minutes for it to hit the blood stream.
* waits a few minutes*

Ok I will explain it again. The DP was not something that would change the game's core. it was an add on, it's like any other buff. which a buff can be added to the game as it is.

What you want would change the Core of the game play. it would be a risky move because you would be taking apart, and messing with the stuff that holds the game together.

let me put it in terms you mite understand.

lets say you have a car.
in this car you want to change out, or add a radio ( the DP )
so you add the radio, and add the minor changes to the wiring.

Well with this same car you end up wanted to change the outside of the car, example you have a pick up, and want to mod it to have the hummer body. ( full 360 )
to do this you would have to strip out all of the parts. rework the frame so the holes would of the hummer body parts would fit, and add extra parts to make it work.
you would be out of a car for a long time due to the change, it would be a waste of money, because the car would not be the same as a hummer, and why would you do that when it would be easier to go out, and buy a new car.

you see, what your asking cryptic to do is change the game in to something it is not. they will not do this no matter what, most due to the risk, time, and money it would take. what your asking is not an easy task. it would take time. I also don't think you understand the steps that would go in to it. ( No offense ) I myself was working on a degree in to simulation arts, but changed my mind after seeing the hard work it took to produce games. it's not as simple as you think.

Fact is not every game is going to please everyone. you wanted a flight sim, this is not that game. you can adapt or move on until you find something you like, but asking the devs to change the game in a way that would force them to rebuild the game from the ground up is not going to work.

If you don't get it after this, I don't think you will ever understand it at all.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-28-2010, 05:19 PM
I voted for 1 as I would love to have that level of maneuverability. But i don't think the engine could handle more than 6. 5 maby but only as animation of your ship unlikely to affect shield arc's or angles.

I was not sure what you meant by "thrusters" i suspect you mean up, down and lateral strafing without changing your pitch or yaw. Witch I think the engine probably could handle and would like to see. I'm thinking maby on numpad control with 5 as up and 0 down.
Closed Thread