Lt. Commander
# 1 Unfair Fights
04-28-2010, 11:28 AM
I've been playing since Beta, and I have to say. If Cryptic can't figure out how to make PVP more balanced this game will die fast. 99% of the time its an uneven fight. 1vs5 or 5vs0! WHAT IS THE Problem? I've never had such a hard time getting into a fair pvp fight on any Online game EVER. And I've played just about all of them. I rate PVP in this game as a -5 out of 10. Fix it would you plz.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, it does get annoying after a while with the 5v0 especially. The worst was 2 nights ago where 1 particular Solar Wind map kept popping up for us over and over, where the either side would leave because it was just them. And then the opponents would show up, see no one there any more, and also leave. And it just switched back and forth. According to the report window, 14 different Fed players had been into that match alone without firing a single shot, and it popped for me 3 times before I stopped queueing that map.

If a map goes for more than a few minutes without a shot being fired, they need to warn you the match may get disbanded in a minute unless someone does something, and then remove the match from the queues if nothing happens. It won't fix the imbalance issues of 5v1, but at least it removes stale maps from the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Try entering a 5v5 match and ending up in a 10v3.... I've had to scratch my head on that one quite a few times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Try entering a 5v5 match and ending up in a 10v3.... I've had to scratch my head on that one quite a few times.
players got disconnected, and accidently returned on teh other side when they came back. I was scratching my head for a while on that one.

or if its ground... who the hell knows.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Also, the salvage 5v5 is never actually 5v5, it only *starts* at 5, then fills to 10v10.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
Also, the salvage 5v5 is never actually 5v5, it only *starts* at 5, then fills to 10v10.
its not 5vs5, its small, and the max cue for small is 7vs7
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Cracked planet seems to do better now IMO. At least there is usually 5v5 by the time us Klingons get over to your spawn point. Solar wind seems to be the worst, wich is odd how can the queu can work ok (not great) for one map and not the others.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
Cracked planet seems to do better now IMO. At least there is usually 5v5 by the time us Klingons get over to your spawn point. Solar wind seems to be the worst, wich is odd how can the queu can work ok (not great) for one map and not the others.
i believe the arenas are mostly populated by truly pvp minded people and sees the largest amount of pre mades. there for its logical teams today engage as soon as it pops up. in C&H and solar wind i believe they are still greatly populated by pvp'ers doing their daily for the sake of the daily. if they are in a btran mission for instance they may opt to continue their mission in stead of entering the pvp. they just cue up again.

i for one only Q up to the games that are most likely to pop up the fastest. i tend to look at the 0 first. if u Q up for a mission just underway everyones been taken out of the Q hence the 0. most of the time there is still room left so when u Q for that mission u get an instant pop up to join the battle. other wise look at the numbers that are closest to the launch number. for small C&H that 5vs5 fvk or 10 in fvf if u see that then u got fast pvp. i for one am hapy i dont see 96/0 in C&H fvk as it was before season one
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2010, 11:12 PM
I had a Solar wind, or was it cracked planetoid, match start with 5 feds and only myself. Lucky I was specced for alpha strikes and DPS. I soloed up until the score was me 7 fed 6 before reinforcements arrived.

It was a fun match but I would prefer to have all the team mates around so I don't have to kamikaze run every match. Once or twice occasion can be fun if you're specced for the kamikaze but I can see how it would get frustrating fast.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-29-2010, 07:45 AM
please don't say 99% of the time unless you have done at leat 100 matches and 99 of them were unfair. I play every night at it is not 99%. Also, it is not that hard to win a 5v4 (or even a 5v3) if you are good and work together.