Lt. Commander
# 11
04-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
They just need to fix the stacking affect getting hit 2 or 3 times with TSS 2 and 3 you might as well wait for respawn timer. When you have TSS stacked on you no chance of getting it back up I have tried. Used EPts, Battery, and power cycles and only got 5 back to shields which might as well be zero because then you are running full defense with very little in the way of escaping or fighting. Also TSS does have the ability to proc all 4 facings down

you encountered a bug. cryptic fixed it so it doesnt drop past 100 anymore, so swapping to full shield power is a counter. it DOES NOT have a proc to drop all four facings, unless it drops your shield power to 0. only phasers have a chance to drop all shields for a few secs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaelon
you encountered a bug. cryptic fixed it so it doesnt drop past 100 anymore, so swapping to full shield power is a counter.
Source?

10char
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
M, Power Sip III, and 6 blue polaron beam arrays. I have also used the extra points from torp wep of any kind into sensors/emitters. With photonic officer II x 2 I can run Power Sip III and TSS II as often as the global cool down allows. Power Sip is pretty weak but if the beams hit there's another -25 and the TSS adds again. .
Okay - what is a power sip III, I am a fed sci never, heard of this skill? where do you get it?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjag View Post
Okay - what is a power sip III, I am a fed sci never, heard of this skill? where do you get it?
Power Siphen III... I notice today with the update it only does a wonderful -15 power... I don't mind the photonic officer change. It dosn't dorp the cool downs as hard but it lasts 60 seconds now. I dropped one and freed up a BO slot nice.
I got level 3 off the exchange... I think level 1 and 2 are trainable in station.

Power Siphen isn't used alot I don't think people think -15 power is worth the level 3 power... but with polaron and TSS II you are doing major damage to power levels.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Power Siphen III... I notice today with the update it only does a wonderful -15 power... I don't mind the photonic officer change. It dosn't dorp the cool downs as hard but it lasts 60 seconds now. I dropped one and freed up a BO slot nice.
I got level 3 off the exchange... I think level 1 and 2 are trainable in station.

Power Siphen isn't used alot I don't think people think -15 power is worth the level 3 power... but with polaron and TSS II you are doing major damage to power levels.
Are you talking about energy siphon?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
This just in:

The actual chance to offline shields with phasers is 0,625%.

2,5% chance to drop one subsystem.

There are four subsystems.

2,5 / 4 = 0,625

(By the way, I can achieve a total drain of -72 with TSS2 and energy siphon 1, using non-grandfathered consoles, I get -63 on the TSS2 itself(on a star cruiser))
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I found a TSS3 BO and im trying to decide if I should use it or sell it. They are worth a ridiculous amount right now ... but who needs credits ?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirdd View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I found a TSS3 BO and im trying to decide if I should use it or sell it. They are worth a ridiculous amount right now ... but who needs credits ?
Use it. Or at least, store it.

Otherwise you might regret it!