Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 111
01-27-2011, 02:27 PM
While I don't mind the ground combat in this game, I do often miss the Interlock combat of Matrix Online. Esentially combat was in 2 formats for that gamre;

Out of interlock
- Projectile, or hand weapons.
r "hack" combats in which you dealt damage in non Melee form via special abilities
- remotely de-buff

Interlock
- Close combat
- Martial arts
- special

Once you were in Interlock, you either had to kill your opponent, or, escape their grasp in some way using abilities, or just a random roll.

It was a really involving combat situation, and one of the strongest (if not the only) fun aspects of that ill fated MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 112
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I wonder how much this thread and these ideas influence the upcoming Ground combat changes.

Seems like this thread was filled with good ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 113
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Yes the interlock ability would be nice, something to make Melee more effective at higher levels. I do 71 dps base and can cause some havoc if i don't get 1 shotted, perhaps an innate resistance increase when using melee, or a dodge chance.
Lt. Commander
# 114
04-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack
I wonder how much this thread and these ideas influence the upcoming Ground combat changes.

Seems like this thread was filled with good ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
Yes the interlock ability would be nice, something to make Melee more effective at higher levels. I do 71 dps base and can cause some havoc if i don't get 1 shotted, perhaps an innate resistance increase when using melee, or a dodge chance.
Thread's dead, gents.

Hopefully, they expand ground abilities and give us more options with weapons. The primary/alt fir feels like a throwback to FPS shooters but STO's pace is glacial compared to that.

That said, bring out the Undead Slaying Developers to kill this thread!

(P.S. Working on a new one that focuses on changing up kits since the devs don't have firm plans announced regarding them - i.e. adding a tricorder to your kit that grants three powers (one per career) on a shared cooldown).
Lt. Commander
# 115
04-28-2011, 01:38 PM
This thread is being closed due to content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~InfoNinja
Closed Thread