Lt. Commander
# 11
04-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiobe View Post
Jupiter Class Ship availability?

I must be like the 1millionst person asking this, but when is the "Jupiter Class Ship" becoming available for Federation side, it's so weird that the Klingon's have there big carriers & the Carrier for the Federation is not available for us we could really use it to even out the battlefield.

Greetings scorpiobe

I'd also like to see the Jupiter being made available for player use, maybe along the few other ship designs we so far only see as npc vessels.

Maybe some day when Cryptic raises the level cap and adds a new rank, we might get to fly this ship.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Closest I could come across in a real world example is the Coast Gaurd using sailing ships instead of more modern ships - but I think that is for training purposes.
Lt. Commander
# 13 USS Constitution built 1797
04-29-2010, 09:24 AM
She is on active duty. Lets do some math 213 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constitution
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-29-2010, 10:48 AM
You really think a carrier would even the odds? I am assuming you haven't played a carrier. I am trying to figure out how a carrier will balance the odds? Is it hull? The most popular ship I see on the KDF side is the BoP, the weakest hull of all ships. Is it the fighters? The carrier has 6 weapons, and the only advantage to fighters is I'm able to send them ahead to attack. Ships are very balanced here. If anything, the KDF need some flexibility in ships as the Feds have.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Couldn't agree more KDF can have some more "flexibility" I don't care I what the Jupiter Class released + maybe a ship on the Fed side whit universal Bridge officers consoles that would definitely balance the game & the unrealistic overpowering of a KDF, good call on that one SirCatoKnot.