Lt. Commander
# 11
04-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Every month? woof. I mean, it had been a problem that needed to be addressed, and in many cases, still is a problem (though not as bad by a long shot). I am interested in seeing how the bubble heads are going to handle women on board subs now. A lot of them will have to do like the rest of us did, learn how to remove a lot of the language we normally were comfortable with using. The Independence (CV-62) was 5000+ men on a floating airport with full airwing and crew, and stuff we discussed and language we used was pretty natural.

I et the feeling that most of the women who are willing to volunteer for Subs will probably be as foul mouthed as the guys are. In the nearly 17 years I've been Active or Reserve I have actually met a few women that I wouldn't have minded being on the subs because they were damn good sailors, and knw there stuff, and could hold their own when talking to guys.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Couple of points. I am not offended by this sort of talk. Boats are 'she's. Always have been, always will be if I have anything to say about it. It's not that these sailors believed the joke about why ships are 'she', but rather it is a tradition passed down from the first sailors through the generations.

If such a list was made in front of me I would have made a joke back along the lines of 'And without her you boys would just be treading water', accompanied by an obscene hand gesture if you know what I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Couple of points. I am not offended by this sort of talk. Boats are 'she's. Always have been, always will be if I have anything to say about it. It's not that these sailors believed the joke about why ships are 'she', but rather it is a tradition passed down from the first sailors through the generations.

If such a list was made in front of me I would have made a joke back along the lines of 'And without her you boys would just be treading water', accompanied by an obscene hand gesture if you know what I mean.
Good one lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:

Very cool Ravenstein, Very cool!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Lulz