Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
04-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I can program and although many of you have points there are going to be issues if this is tested and passes QC then apparently they are NOT doing there jobs. Cryptic needs to apparently go back to the start and fix hundreds and in some places thousands of as you guys put them bugs but as I see it inherent screw ups where they did NOT recheck there code. Many of the mistakes I've ran into were the most simple things like building in the AIR and missing ships to defeat and such. If that in ANY way passed QC then the people in QC need FIRED and there bosses too for not verifying there work.

Ultimately I say close the dam doors until you get a clue on what DECENT software is instead of releasing crap Cryptic. You are running off your own subscribers with your inability to double check your own work.

This is bluntly SAD software and the Dev's need training on how to check there work. That is a fact and all the comments about bugs happen I agree. But there is a difference between a bug and complete neglect and Cryptic has fallen into the neglect part.

I bet soon enough they will have security issues and people's pc's will be vulnerable. Why would I make a claim that is unfounded as this? Because they apparently do NOT check there work and neglect verifying even the simple things. I can't wait until they start getting lawsuits over blunt laziness.

James
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Comment removed
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-29-2010, 04:42 PM
if you test till thier are no bugs or conserns you would never drop a patch on a server in any mmo ever
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuflur View Post
if you test till thier are no bugs or conserns you would never drop a patch on a server in any mmo ever
While that may be true ... that's not really what's being expressed here.

One of the issues is bugs that the testers identify, and the devs confirm, still don't have enough time to get fixed before going live.

Dublin Raider makes a good point earlier about the bugs related to Klingon PVE exploration cluster missions. There were bugs extensively reported about those missions. In the FIRST Common Ground patch.

Those bugs still haven't been fixed yet.

The system itself has some obstacles. That need help. It's not anything malicious on the development team's part. I've read posts and commentary from both Champions Online devs and Star Trek Online devs. They know these issues exist. But you read what they write and you see that they want to fix these bugs. They want to get things right.

I believed in CO and I believe it now in STO that some of these problems are directly related to the tools the devs have and the protocols they are using.

That's why I'd like to keep the discussion going. To find out if there is anything that can be done to help.

I've mentioned this before