Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Well all I know is it helps with the facerollers. Example: I caught an escort several times last night with snb to strip him of his buffs. What buffs you might ask? Well he was the typical ASIII/rapid fire/THY3/RSP/EPtS. Stripped everything before his inital engagement. So all he did was run away. I think it forces people to think before just trying buff stack. Would I use it on someone who just has AS up? Probably not, but a cruiser buffed with RSP/RSM/Polorize...probably depending on how many of us are attacking him at one time. But I sure as hell used it on my little escort buddy from last night every chance I got.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkgoodlos
Well all I know is it helps with the facerollers. Example: I caught an escort several times last night with snb to strip him of his buffs. What buffs you might ask? Well he was the typical ASIII/rapid fire/THY3/RSP/EPtS. Stripped everything before his inital engagement. So all he did was run away. I think it forces people to think before just trying buff stack. Would I use it on someone who just has AS up? Probably not, but a cruiser buffed with RSP/RSM/Polorize...probably depending on how many of us are attacking him at one time. But I sure as hell used it on my little escort buddy from last night every chance I got.
I agree the facerollers will have to actually think now which isn't something I'm too worried about.
SNB is great for the fact it strips them of the "lawn mower" attack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-30-2010, 07:56 AM
snb strips everything but extend shields, which should place even more emphasis on teamwork, unfortunately it appears that the point is missed with alot of players...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
It is if no one is supporting you.
Well I guess me and my Star Cruisers are borked now, aren't we?

I was initially pessimistic about the new SNB, but last night was an interesting experience. Honestly. I seriously hope these changes will pave the way towards shifting the common altitude of "every men for himself" into "united we stand, divided we fall". Anyone else left behind from this change as they desperately cling onto exclusive self buffs deserves to be crushed mercilessly.

Extend Shields is a beautiful thing. The sooner the community embrace that, the sooner we all win.

That said, I'm wrecking my head trying to shoehorn my Star Cruiser build into something similar to Faithborn's but with 2 extend shields, instead of one.

TSSs seems to be extremely common now, I was getting shot by 3s and 2s left and right. I might have to adopt a hull heal heavy emphasis on my Escort as well, but the torpedoes... sweet Aunt Mary... them torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeah; the new SNB is just as potent as the old... just in a different capacity. I believe it being able to strip all buffs is rather... extreme. Perhaps stripping a random buff or a maximum amount of buffs, would rein in the power a bit. I've already been considering changing my Science captain to flying an Escort, just for the LuLz factor of hitting SNB when the poor enemy ship uses RSP to try and save itself.

I think it's a bit too cheesy for me, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
Yeah; the new SNB is just as potent as the old... just in a different capacity. I believe it being able to strip all buffs is rather... extreme. Perhaps stripping a random buff or a maximum amount of buffs, would rein in the power a bit. I've already been considering changing my Science captain to flying an Escort, just for the LuLz factor of hitting SNB when the poor enemy ship uses RSP to try and save itself.

I think it's a bit too cheesy for me, though.
Well you also have to consider that it does have a 4 min cool down, so it balances. It isn't like you can just fly around every 30 seconds SNB'ing someone to death. I truly weigh the situation as to when I use it or no. I did see it used serval times last night on a cruiser and the cruiser survive. But there again, it was bing used by people just to use it. One cruiser I remember only had 1 buff and it wasn't a defensive buff that was stripped. To me that was a waste. I used it 2 times on a cruiser when we had the Kling ball going and was focus firing on him, and he popped Rotate shields/RSP/ and Polorize thinking he would just sit there being the floating unkillable spounge all by him self.

There again though I have a team mentality as opposed to the lone wolf mentality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-30-2010, 09:44 AM
About ES being a waste of a slot if no one is supporting you:

Someone has to be the first.

I hate that my Assault Cruiser (I know Star Cruisers are better for support, but I'm experimenting) or Battle Cruiser can keep a whole team alive, outhealing both sides combined, but when I'm in trouble no one has an ES to throw me, or even wants to spare a Science or Engineering Team for me. I hate that if I come into a match late, not only do I need to catch up on heals the second I come in, but I'll probably also have to form the team while I'm saving them, because most players always wait for someone else to start teams. There might be no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in "carrying".

The thing is that there is nothing *I* might do to save *me* that won't get stripped away. There's not anything *I* might stack instead of ES that will help *me* any more after it gets stripped away. So it doesn't help to watch out for myself anymore.

Sometimes I end up in a PUG with someone else who puts support first, and those times are awesome. I put up with supporting my PUG while they aren't supporting me, because that's the only way to run into team players.

I'm right with Faithborn on the new SNB encouraging more team play instead of less. It's very hard to protect yourself against, but pretty easy for another player to protect you. Insanely easy when your whole team supports each other, so that whoever sees you in trouble tosses you whatever ensign and LT buffs they have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Well I've tried out ES... I blew up alot.

I'kll give it another 10 days, if I haven't found another way of extending my life expectancy(beyond a Escort coughing in my direction), I'll just cancel my subscription.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
Well I've tried out ES... I blew up alot.

I'kll give it another 10 days, if I haven't found another way of extending my life expectancy(beyond a Escort coughing in my direction), I'll just cancel my subscription.
Honestly you need other people trying ES out for it to work.

I'm really bothered by how quickly starships explode too. IMO RSP was kind of OP and covered up the basic problems that come with building warships out of glass. While defensive buffs stayed the same, since they can be removed now it highlights exactly how poor shields and hull are for basic defense. I've always thought that the pace of combat needed to be slowed down a bit. I'm just pointing out that teamwork counters the new SNB better than the old.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
ES is a waste of a slot for a pug.
OMGZ ES is by far the best enginerring abiltiy out there except for maybe engineering team And ES3 wow is all i got to say Almost 50% shield resist and over `1k shield regen per tick for 30 seconds yeah thats a sweet ability right there. Also if they make is so engineering resist consoles stack properly you would not need to nerf damage at all.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM.