Lt. Commander
# 1 Buying new account a value?
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone! So I have a question that some of you wonderful forum people hopefully can help me with. I'm thinking about buying a DDE version of the game from DL Gamer (only 35.99!) so I can get the joined trill option for my account. However, $36 for a joined trill seems a bit much, but I started doing the math and it's not that bad. You get 500 cryptic points (a $6.50 value), a free month of play (a $14.99 value), the joined trill which who knows how much that would cost in the C-store if they ever offer it, but a value in and of itself, along with emotes, NX registry, and the automated defense battery (though I don't care about that last one much).

Here's my problem, since I already have an active account, and I'd be tying this new account to my old active one, would I still get the free month of play? Here is what the description says on DL Gamer:

"First 30 days of subscription are included in the purchase price of this package."

The problem is that I am clearly past my first 30 days of play on my active account. Will I still get a credit to my old account once I tie them together? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Yes you add the code to your account now. You will get all the perks on your current account. With the free time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Wow, $35.99? No kidding. Yeah, that is a great deal and gets you some great perks. If nothing else, you GOTTA love the TOS uniforms; especially with the new female costume updates.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2010, 12:49 PM
That also begs a question-is the "joined trill" a race in and of itself? Or can you make an andorian, bajoran, or vulcan joined trill? Would be good to know if you can combine them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius_Bonaparte
That also begs a question-is the "joined trill" a race in and of itself? Or can you make an andorian, bajoran, or vulcan joined trill? Would be good to know if you can combine them.
Nope... 'Joined Trill' is classified as its own separate race, and is not a characteristic that can be added to another species... The only way to be a 'Joined Trill' is to start a character as a 'Joined Trill'...

To add the new STO package to your account, just make sure you're logged into your Forum Account, then enter the key here... http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

As this will bind the key to account you are currently logged in as...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help