Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
If you use a Power that creates an Enery Dome around you, the Dome will become invisible if you are inside of the Dome. I tested it with a Shied Generator and with the skill "Forcefield Dome" If you are outside of the Dome you will see the Dome just normal.
This Problem is since the Season 1.1 update. today.

This is really irritating, because you don't know if the Dome is active or not. I noticed it, as i used "Forcefield Dome". The Dome is active, but you can't see it if you are in it. I played yesterday, an i could see the Domes from the inside.

Am i the only one having this Problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I have that too. I guess they messed the effect up when they changed the outside texture.

the old effects look better btw... repulsor bubble, plasma fire, emergency power to engines...
not sure why you changed them, they are ugly now
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Ok, i hope Cryptic will fix this soon, because it's just no fun playing without those Effects.

@Oberlechner: I just saw what you mean by "changed Effects".

I just used a Plasmagranade, the Effect is now bright solid Green insted of a little transparent turquoise. It looks like a cheap Bitmap Texture.
I also noticed that Enemies which have a Plasma Fire on them from a Plasma rifle, are burning purple. o_O
Why are they burning purple insted of the color of the Energy that the Weapon uses? And why is it a different color than a Plasmagrenade?

Cryptic: you totally screwed up the Effects! What have you done? Could a dev please respond and explain the reasons for making the Effects as ugly as they are now to me?

Please change the Effects back to the way they were before the Season 1.1 Update!