Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Searching (and thus profitable selling ) sweet tribbles in the exchange is broken now, after the patch.

Previously, it was possible with a trick to search a specific tribble. Entering two spaces between "tribble" and the species abbreviation in braces did the trick, like "tribble__(mat)" instead of "tribble_(mat)". (_ means a space here...)

Now, it is only possible to search "tribble". All other searches return nada, like "tribble_", "tribble__" or even "tribble__(s", which all worked before.

My tribbles cry now!
Lt. Commander
# 2 solved!
04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Ok, I found out just that second...

The search must be more specific now:

Search must be done with items set to "Common" (which all tribbles allegedly are), for example. All settings with "Any" does not work anymore. Now the trick with two spaces gives me the desired tribble again...

Great, will reduce my selling. Not all players know that they have to use TWO tricks to search successfully!
Lt. Commander
# 3 Bug revisited!
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I did another approach:

Search 1:

- "Tribble_(mat)" via drag&drop from my inventory into the search field
- "Any Rank"
- "Common" items
- Item Type: Personal Devices

31 items, starting from 700 credits

Search 2:

- "tribble__(mat)" entered manually into the search field
- "Any Rank"
- "Common" items
- Item Type: Personal Devices

287 items, starting from 800 credits

This shows that there are two different "domains" of tribbles in the exchange right now. The "old" ones with the two spaces, and the new ones (?) with one space in the name. They are found differently, and have totally different price domains. I even think they are mutually exclusive. Not good.

I guess Cryptic will wait until all "old" ones with the two spaces are sold, sale taken down or sale timed out with the new patch...

Nevertheless, I do not like it now. Searching the exchange has even more become an art...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm not near the game right now, but I've always searched for tribbles via just their abbrevation, eg. (mat), (zin), (har) etc...
Under options, I set Any rank, Any quality.

Is it broken now?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Calidor View Post
I'm not near the game right now, but I've always searched for tribbles via just their abbrevation, eg. (mat), (zin), (har) etc...
Under options, I set Any rank, Any quality.

Is it broken now?
Positive.

With all settings left to "Any" or "All" and just searching "(mat)" or similar, you get no results.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Just try

nei)
yu)
zin)
har)

and so on when searching the Personal Devices category.