Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waerlogan View Post
Does the new wound mechanic cause changes to gait?
Not sure, but I know the "assimilated" debuff that the Borg hit you with makes you walk like you just dropped a huge boomer in your pants...
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-30-2010, 12:45 PM
You say Benny Hill like its a bad thing........................
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Any chance I could get someone to fraps this or just take a handheld digital camera video and email it to me? Send whatever you want to supermartin@crypticstudios.com. Obviously this is a subjective issue, so I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Not sure, but I know the "assimilated" debuff that the Borg hit you with makes you walk like you just dropped a huge boomer in your pants...

I know exactly what you mean but I am not sure what it is that caused it. My daily groups was running infected and all of a sudden our medic started walking as if he was clenching his butt cheeks a little too tight. We of course being the mature sensitive adults we are made fun of him while laughing. He had no clue what cause it and we had never seen it happen to any of use before that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowHawk View Post

But.. one thing. The speed of the "walk" animation of my human characters is in the Charlie Chaplin silent film range. I know most non-RP-ers just run everywhere, but for those who stride the companionways with deliberate action hero dignity, it's a little much. Was this speed-up intentional?
If you want him to walk normal, you need to keep him away from Sulu.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMartin
Any chance I could get someone to fraps this or just take a handheld digital camera video and email it to me? Send whatever you want to supermartin@crypticstudios.com. Obviously this is a subjective issue, so I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.
I've just downloaded CamStudio and the trial version of FRAPS, but hopefully someone will post something before I hurt myself trying to figure them out.

Really, it's a thing one might miss if not used to the animation before. The character will take about six or seven steps in the time they'd use to take four; the difference between a realistic stride and one that looks sped up. As someone mentioned, the NPCs haven't been affected. My PCs used to match the NPC gait while walking around and now don't.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMartin
I forwarded you one. The quality isn't the greatest but the difference between my character's walk and the NPC's he passes is pretty apparent.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCO
I forwarded you one. The quality isn't the greatest but the difference between my character's walk and the NPC's he passes is pretty apparent.
Thanks for getting to this before I did!

:-)
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-03-2010, 07:04 PM
A change was made to fix the foot registration in the walking animations, specifically for the NPCs who looked to be ice skating a bit. No change was made to the player walk speed, so I think you are only seeing the result of the walking animation speed change. That is, you shouldn't be actually moving any faster relative to the NPCs that are walking, though in the video I received you did seem to have found some particularly slow NPCs.

So the question is, do you want to move slower, animate slower, or both? I'm not guaranteeing that we'll fix it the way you want, but I just want to be really explicit about what the problem is first.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-03-2010, 08:54 PM
We need a toggle feature for walk. I love walking, but hate holding down a button to do so...