Lt. Commander
# 31
05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMartin
A change was made to fix the foot registration in the walking animations, specifically for the NPCs who looked to be ice skating a bit. No change was made to the player walk speed, so I think you are only seeing the result of the walking animation speed change. That is, you shouldn't be actually moving any faster relative to the NPCs that are walking, though in the video I received you did seem to have found some particularly slow NPCs.

So the question is, do you want to move slower, animate slower, or both? I'm not guaranteeing that we'll fix it the way you want, but I just want to be really explicit about what the problem is first.
I had another look at the video I sent. I'm not real good at describing things, but if you watch my character there, he looks stiff in his walk and kind of shifts side to side in an odd way. Then watch the NPC's with the slower animation, they look much smoother, relaxed, no odd shifts, and overall more natural.

Thank you very much for looking into this. I'm one of those wierd players who constantly walks on stations, during missions, everywhere; only running short distances when there's a reason. This new animation is sort of jarring to the reality I form while playing.

I understand you can offer no promises but I do want to say I truly appreciate your investigation nonetheless.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCO
You can set one up with the bind command. Just choose a key you don't already use, I will use "G" for the following example.

Then type the following: /bind G ++walk

Then it will toggle, press once to walk, once again to run.
That was very helpful. I didn't know a toggle for this existed. Thanks! Still, there should be a way to do this from the keybind dialogue. Is "bind" command documentation anywhere to be found?
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowHawk View Post

But.. one thing. The speed of the "walk" animation of my human characters is in the Charlie Chaplin silent film range. I know most non-RP-ers just run everywhere, but for those who stride the companionways with deliberate action hero dignity, it's a little much. Was this speed-up intentional?
I noticed the same thing as I walk everywhere too (running just looks so goofy). Did they speed it up or something? It looks weird. Do not like it wherever they did.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowHawk View Post
That was very helpful. I didn't know a toggle for this existed. Thanks! Still, there should be a way to do this from the keybind dialogue. Is "bind" command documentation anywhere to be found?
I honestly don't know. I only learned of the /bind command by other players. I agree it should be more obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
I noticed the same thing as I walk everywhere too (running just looks so goofy). Did they speed it up or something? It looks weird. Do not like it wherever they did.
It's definitely faster and doesn't look natural. I'm hoping they can slow the animation down to where it used to be, but I doubt it is a very high priority at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
the player animation seems to be moving a bit too slow for the speed at which your character is moving/walking at.
Yes, I think that I correct... it is a subtle thing but to us folks who walk-by-default it just looks a bit... wrong The walk animation looked better before, no doubt.