Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 No more F12 for rearrange UI?
04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
What happened on this season 1.1 update? Why did you guys nuke F12 for rearranging the UI?

I can't get it to work at all. And there is no keybinding for this either. I rearrange my HUD frequently. Can you guys please fix this soon? Going through the menu is a pain. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
I found out why it's happening. In all of Cryptic's wisdom, if you ever assign F12 to any keybinding, then remove it later, it will completely remove it from ever being able to rearrange the UI. And there's no way to reassign it. F12 works with an alt that I've never used F12 before. And sure enough, when assigning F12, then removing it, it wipes my ability to ever use it again for rearranging the UI.

Cryptic, can you please fix this ASAP? I'm not going to go into the menu, choose rearrange, then hit Escape over and over again until I get my UI where I want. It's a total pain. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Restoring keybindings reset it back to normal so that F12 works. Now I have to do through the tedious process of setting all of my keybindings agian.

I map to F12 temporarily when running raidisodes, so this means I'll never be able to do that unless I want to restore my keybindings every time.

Cryptic, can we get full keybinding setitngs up soon? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Use the /bind_save_file and /bind_load_file console commands to save/load your custom preset key bindings.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Calidor View Post
Use the /bind_save_file and /bind_load_file console commands to save/load your custom preset key bindings.
Thank you!