Lt. Commander
# 21
05-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks. I personally dislike Bajorans (and a look at 10F shows others aren't too fond of them either), but I would still find it wrong if they were all atheists and had no spirital trait.

Edit: Iron Stomach... Can't find canon references. When Quark and Sisko explore the Gamma Quadrant with Nog and Jake, Quark points out that Ferengi don't eat alien insects. When Quark and Odo (human at that time) crash, Odo says they can't eat any of the plants on the planet, so it can be assumed if its toxic for humans, its also toxic for Ferengi.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Ferengi always get a bad rap

We also need a playable Morn in the C-Store

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-01-2010, 01:26 AM
I agree with most of this post. I resent that my female Ferengi security BOs skull is too smooth and her brow ridges are too straight and low. Looking at her face reminds me of a poorly circumcised *****. Seriously it looks like she has a frenulum above the center of her forehead. Watching TNG I never thought about these things when I saw any of the Feregi, yet I think about it whenever I see Ferengi in this game. The sad part is from the brow ridge down I think she is kinda cute. So here I am a straight guy playing a game with a NPC, who's face shows up in 50% of my action reports, thinking OMG this thing that reminds me of a ***** is kinda cute and that is WRONG!!! Either Cryptic hates Feregi or the person who modeled them for the game has an agenda.

I really should leave that rant out of this post. Creation only knows the responses it will generate, but it makes me laugh so it stays.

I feel that Ferengi should get a bonus to financial transactions with NPCs, and psi resistance. However I do not agree that they should get a free body guard for a cowardice trait though. That would give them too much of an advantage in ground combat. Imagine a Ferengi engineer with two drones, a phaser turret, and a mortar calling in a body guard on top of their bridge crew. Way too much of a combat multiplier. Instead allow the cowardice trait to half the Ferengis agro at all ranges in ground combat only. I bet that could lead to an explosion of science Frengi.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Yesssssssss! Fix Ferengi! So that Ferengi Express can have the proper money-loving midgets it needs!

Yesssssssss!

Also, please to be give us Ferengi Faction kthxbai.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-01-2010, 01:58 AM
/signed

and bump
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Well if you want to go with cannon, all Ferengi who joined starfleet wouldn't have any trait "the lobes for business" or any decent financial gain skills whatsoever.....

in DS9 both Rom and Nog were the only known Ferengi to forgo profit hunting and join starfleet (well Rom joined Bajor but Bajor worked for starfleet)... and they both joined their respective groups because both knew that they were crap at business and profit making but good at other things.....

No doubt after Rom became the grand negus he decreed that any Ferengi without the lobes for business could do other things and not be looked down on in Ferengi society !!!!

its cannon, makes sense and cryptic are right
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
Well if you want to go with cannon, all Ferengi who joined starfleet wouldn't have any trait "the lobes for business" or any decent financial gain skills whatsoever.....

in DS9 both Rom and Nog were the only known Ferengi to forgo profit hunting and join starfleet (well Rom joined Bajor but Bajor worked for starfleet)... and they both joined their respective groups because both knew that they were crap at business and profit making but good at other things.....

No doubt after Rom became the grand negus he decreed that any Ferengi without the lobes for business could do other things and not be looked down on in Ferengi society !!!!

its cannon, makes sense and cryptic are right

Ok people.

DEFINITION OF CANON
DEFINITION OF CANNON

PLEASE learn the difference.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsmoo View Post
Ok people.

DEFINITION OF CANON
DEFINITION OF CANNON

PLEASE learn the difference.
LOL, you will probably keep having to do this till folks get it right.

Bump for OP
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-01-2010, 03:43 AM
I want a C-Store item: Morn. He can sit on bridges and do nothing. On a console that does nothing. Or stand near a replicator and drink. Sometimes you get a pop up window showing Morn, about to tell you something, and it always gets interrupted by a BO. That would explain why he isn't in Quark's.

I just started playing an engineer myself and realized how OP a bodyguard would be, so I agree, cowardice should do something else. Maybe something to improve stealth abilities (as in better at hiding) or boost team damage and sacrifice own (as in hiding behind stronger team mates). Cowardice = -50 % damage (self), + 25 % damage (team - NPC or players), duration 15 seconds, CD 1 minute, maybe?

'Only Ferengi that do not have financial traits join Starfleet' doesn't workl. Nog - the only Ferengi in Starfleet-Starfleet (not Bajor-Starfleet, meh, it's kinda early and I need coffee before I express myself, lol) - has:

a) gained profit, though he was willing to give it to Jake Sisko (DS9, In the Cards)
b) taught Jake Sisko how Ferengi get what they need (same episode, trading favours)
c) same when helping Chief O'Brien (DS9, Treachery, Faith and the Great River)
d) somehow acquired rare beverages - during a war, on a Fed station; quote "I'm still a Ferengi after all".

So he had the lobes, he just decided to go for a different career.

The feeling for good deals and opportunity is a trait like the Klingon warrior one. You also had Alexander with zero talent for combat serving on the Rotarran, but he was - like Rom (and Keldar) an exception.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-01-2010, 07:11 AM
One bump before bed time.
Closed Thread