Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goukes View Post
Actually its a bit more than that ... if you have a date with some friends to play basketball(or insert whatever sports you play, or any "real" game you like to play with "real" friends), you'd play till the game is over, not until 3 minutes into the game when you start losing and suddenly decide you don't want to play anymore.

Its a common curtesy, and besides if you really have fun in a game, you can play it through till the end even if you lose, and if you don't have fun in it , why bother playing it at all ?

You think you can't play a whole STO map till the end when you start are losing? don't queue please!

Leavers will allways make maps miserable for their own team as well as the opposition, regardless of what cryptic designs, simply due to the fact that they uneven the game(more than the messed up queue already does), and this allways means less fun for both sides, cryptic cant change that part of the leaver problem, it's not in their hands.
I agree with you and think your comments hit it right out of the ball park. I agree that if people have emergencies that occur in the middle of a match then that is one thing. We all have circumstances beyond our control that happen suddenly. That would be the only problem i see.

However the problem is people are leaving for only 3 reasons that I can think of. The first is they maybe outnumbered and don't like it. The second is they are losing and leave. The third and most despicable reason is the blame game. They think their teammates suck so they tell them as much and leave the match. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with them.

I saw a comment in pvp chat yesterday along this effect. I wish I could remember the exact words, but it was along the effect that they had a good team earlier but this new team consisted of nothing but idiots. I won't say the name of the person but they actually said this in organisedpvp chat..

Two things with this, they can't even fathom that they could also be the reason they are losing. As all my coaches used to say "There is No I in team". The second problem is if you think your so elite and all your teamates suck then stay and teach them. You could be the person that makes raises the level of the game of everyone around you. Be a leader not a whiner...

I agree with the change and glad its been implemented. The only reason you should leave a match after committing to it is something unexpected occurs and you absolutely have no choice. Then you can always just tell your teammates as much and here's an idea, shut your computer off...
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-30-2010, 06:17 AM
I think we may come to the conclusion PvP still sucks? All the games I have played so far PvP was always nice todo... here I just cant be bothered.

There is always the Ctrl+Alt+Del option... or will you get auto back into it if leaving this way?
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Right now, the only way to leave a match is to logout and wait until the match is over, or 15 minutes if no one else is in the map.

And it's a good thing - it was always supremely annoying to have people waltz out as soon as they thought they were losing.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-30-2010, 07:02 AM
I do believe this is temporary, as it states in the patch notes that the ability to leave a PvP match is temporarily disabled in anticipoation of a penalty for those who leave.... Im thinking something ala WoW where players could leave but were forced to wait a period of time before they could cue up for another match....
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-30-2010, 07:09 AM
We all know that "temporarily" means "several months" in dev-speak.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-30-2010, 07:19 AM
I gotta admit that this was really annoying last night. I jumped into a PvP as my Gorn. There were 5 Klingons and 3 Feds when the match started. So two of the Feds just logged off. Two of the Klings followed them. So we were left with a 3 to 1 situation. And needing 34 more kills to end. So we set up a bunch of 1 vs 1 duels between the Fed and a single guy from our side. It was a lot of fun, but after like 40 minutes I still had to log off when we had like 8 kills left to go.

It seems the first problem is still to fix the uneven team issues. Then they can lock games so no one leaves. I would rather there was a penalty to leave than not be able to.

Another idea would be to allow for people to call for reinforcements from thier BOs. That would even the teams out, even if some are just bots. Then if a real person joins, beam out a bot.

Just some ideas.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport

I hate to get into psychology, but there's no such thing as a selfless action. All that a person decides to do is the result of some eventual benefit they receive, whether it be emotional, intellectual, or physical. Otherwise no one would ever make a decision period.
Ever heard about being altruistic? Well now you have.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-30-2010, 07:57 AM
thank god they added this, I can not count the times we've had people bail out of a match because they are losing.
they need a penealty and now with this its a start in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
thank god they added this, I can not count the times we've had people bail out of a match because they are losing.
they need a penealty and now with this its a start in the right direction.
~signed and agreed

do a gw style of penalty, after you jump ship twice you get banned from pvp for 30 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
I gotta admit that this was really annoying last night. I jumped into a PvP as my Gorn. There were 5 Klingons and 3 Feds when the match started. So two of the Feds just logged off. Two of the Klings followed them. So we were left with a 3 to 1 situation. And needing 34 more kills to end. So we set up a bunch of 1 vs 1 duels between the Fed and a single guy from our side. It was a lot of fun, but after like 40 minutes I still had to log off when we had like 8 kills left to go.

It seems the first problem is still to fix the uneven team issues. Then they can lock games so no one leaves. I would rather there was a penalty to leave than not be able to.

Another idea would be to allow for people to call for reinforcements from thier BOs. That would even the teams out, even if some are just bots. Then if a real person joins, beam out a bot.

Just some ideas.

Thanks,
Duncan
The BO idea is really good! *thumbs up*