Lt. Commander
# 21
05-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josall
god is there anything that someone won't find to complain about? my 3 year old daughter doesnt whine so much!
No. No there is not.

One of the few things that I am quite certain of, is that no matter WHAT Cryptic does, someone, somewhere, will complain about it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-01-2010, 02:36 AM
to be fair - even in the industry I work in things are called "Sliders" when the end user is given the ability to change something on a scale - even when the UI presented to the end user isn't actually a "slider" mechanism at all, in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plexaura
Starship Photon projectiles affect Quantum Mines?
At this point? Wouldn't surprise me.

As to the OP, though, good grief.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
STAR TREK ONLINE ISN'T CANON,AND NEVER WILL BE, DEAL WITH IT.
I have to disagree with this statement. STO and the most recent book, Star Trek Online: The Needs of the Many are the new sources of canon.

In the absence of a new TV series or a movie, STO is it. CBS who owns the IP has backed both the game and the book. That makes them canon, as much as any other iteration of the Star Trek property.

The fact that we are "watching" new Star Trek canon unfold before our eyes is even more exciting. On top of that, in some small measure, we are actually guiding some of that path as well.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Are we just looking for dumb reasons to complain. People want a difficulty setting, so they give it to us. Now its not exactly how a couple of people figure they want it so its not good enough. Here is a tip, quit crying and complaining. stop looking for reasons to start a thread thats is pointless and play the game.

And yes star ships get injurys, I like to call it "damage".
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport
I don't understand how the internet has managed to so effectively re-define the concept of Criticism as Complaining.

Are you really upset that someone has made a legitimate observation here?
No, I' m still LOOKING for a 'legiotimite observation' in your OP, as it's NOT. We now have a sliding difficulty scale in game. The graphical representation is honestly irrelivent.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
I don't understand how the internet has managed to so effectively re-define the concept of Criticism as Complaining.

Are you really upset that someone has made a legitimate observation here?
I understand your point, but it's a little petty. It's like asking someone for a cup of water, getting it in a mug, and complaining about the receptacle the water arrived in. It just seems silly.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-01-2010, 11:19 AM
To the OP...seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
I have to disagree with this statement. STO and the most recent book, Star Trek Online: The Needs of the Many are the new sources of canon.

In the absence of a new TV series or a movie, STO is it. CBS who owns the IP has backed both the game and the book. That makes them canon, as much as any other iteration of the Star Trek property.

The fact that we are "watching" new Star Trek canon unfold before our eyes is even more exciting. On top of that, in some small measure, we are actually guiding some of that path as well.
Uh..actually, according to a few dev posts, STO is NOT canon, it's considered 'soft canon' by CBS, the same as every OTHER non-film Star Trek media is considered 'soft canon', which has been the standard used for what is 'hard' and what is 'soft' canon since the this topic was first brought up around 40 years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Or did they change the definition of these recently?

Sorry, I know it's a nitpick, but come on. Seriously?
The skill level is on a sliding scale. Not how you select the level itself.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
I demand that a Dev show his face and account for calling this a "Slider".
The component arrived with a dev from a parallel game who was holding what looked like a tarted up TV remote.