Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Universal Fed Ship
04-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Why is it that the KDF have a ship with universal BO stations and the Feds don't??? People say that the Klingons are the black sheep of STO.. I disagree.. They have universal ships and carriers, what is the deal here? I've never seen a Klingon carrier in any startrek show or movie.. I really can't picture a big Klingon fling around in a little fighter ship.. And never mind they can use cannons on their cruisers and Feds can't.. Real cannons not those pee shotters.. The playing field is not leveled not ever close.. If the Klingons have two or more carriers in a cracked plant or any other map its over, they win.. And I think all Fed players should boycot FvK pvp until the field is leveled..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Yes - lets make all the factions exactly the same and have absolutely no distinction or uniqueness in any of them!!!

They have universal Boff stations because the faction currently lacks the variety and categories of ship types the feds have.

So whilst feds get a lovely choice between science, escorts or cruisers - the Klinks have to make do with fewer vessels to choose from but the ability to spec them (in terms of Boffs) however they want.

Quite frankly, without some of these additional gameplay elements (cloaks, carriers, universal boff stations etc) there would be very little in the way of any incentives at all to play on the Klink side.

I'm not commenting on the "balance" aspects of your posts - I don't think balance is quite there yet, but thats not to do with the fact they get universal boff stations and carriers.

2 carriers is not an automatic Klink win in PvP. In fact the only time I ever see Klinks "automatically win" in PvP is when the Feds do what they most commonly do - which is to ignore teamwork and tactics almost completely and then run to the forums to cry about loosing.

Kinda like this...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
Yes - lets make all the factions exactly the same and have absolutely no distinction or uniqueness in any of them!!!

They have universal Boff stations because the faction currently lacks the variety and categories of ship types the feds have.

So whilst feds get a lovely choice between science, escorts or cruisers - the Klinks have to make do with fewer vessels to choose from but the ability to spec them (in terms of Boffs) however they want.

Quite frankly, without some of these additional gameplay elements (cloaks, carriers, universal boff stations etc) there would be very little in the way of any incentives at all to play on the Klink side.

I'm not commenting on the "balance" aspects of your posts - I don't think balance is quite there yet, but thats not to do with the fact they get universal boff stations and carriers.

2 carriers is not an automatic Klink win in PvP. In fact the only time I ever see Klinks "automatically win" in PvP is when the Feds do what they most commonly do - which is to ignore teamwork and tactics almost completely and then run to the forums to cry about loosing.

Kinda like this...
I agree with you. the klinks should have plenty of unique strengths. balance still needs some tweaking, but if you face a group of feds who know what they are doing they can be very tough to beat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-30-2010, 04:51 AM
I'm actually of the opinion that, had the Klingon faction been bigger at launch, it should've been the Feds that got the universal BO stations. Humans (and the Federation) are known in the Trek universe for their resourcefulness and adaptability. The Klingons are very rigid in their tactics and design.

This was not the case however, since something else was needed to give the klingons a bit more allure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-30-2010, 05:46 AM
Ok give the Feds a Universal BattleShip with heavy cannons and we'll call it even..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrawn
Ok give the Feds a Universal BattleShip with heavy cannons and we'll call it even..
Or how about we don't and you stop QQing?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
Or how about we don't and you stop QQing?
QFT


Feds have 6 end game ships (plus the cool variants to make them look nicer)

Klingons have 4 ships at end game (and have no variants)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Don't forget that both the Carrier and BoP have other trade-offs. The carrier handles like a pig. The BoP has universal slots, but fewer, and it is made of paper. (The new FBP is a serious threat to my weak hull.)

If/when Romulans come in, I assume they will also have some unique ships, and we'll hear all the same complaints again, sigh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
Or how about we don't and you stop QQing?
How about u kiss my butt.. I paid for my game time so I can QQ all I want...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
Yes - lets make all the factions exactly the same and have absolutely no distinction or uniqueness in any of them!!!
That is not what the OP said. The straw man argument is called a logical fallacy for a reason.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 AM.