Lt. Commander
# 1 New High End Weapons?
04-30-2010, 05:45 AM
I just got an Email from Cryptic describing the May 7th free weekend for returning players and the limited mission demo.

While all that is well and fine, what really caught my attention is this: "There's also new high-end weaponry and a new auto-fire mode for space combat. "

To my knowledge (and mind you, I have only been playing since January), there has always been auto-fire in Space combat. And what new high-end weaponry? I haven't seen any mention of new weapons in the Dev posted engineering reports or the notes when I log in.

IMHO, Cryptic doesn't do a very good job of keeping us players informed...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Errr...unless you read the patch notes. In which case they do keep us all informed.

New purple RA level weapons are available for Marks of Valor/Exploration. So you can get Very Rare Phasers, Quantums, Disrputors etc etc now in addition to the Anti-Proton weapons.

In space you were previously unable to select ALL weapons to auto-fire. It was only 2 I believe? Now all weapons can be set to auto-fire.

If you read the patch notes - the updates are in there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
Errr...unless you read the patch notes. In which case they do keep us all informed.

New purple RA level weapons are available for Marks of Valor/Exploration. So you can get Very Rare Phasers, Quantums, Disrputors etc etc now in addition to the Anti-Proton weapons.

In space you were previously unable to select ALL weapons to auto-fire. It was only 2 I believe? Now all weapons can be set to auto-fire.

energy weapons only are autofire capable. torps are still fire manually, and I've yet to try out a pair of dual heavy disruptor cannons I got last night
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion

That's just it, I do read these every time I log in. But I was only able to log in twice this week and must have missed that day. There was nothing there last night or Tuesday night about new weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2010, 05:58 AM
You want http://www.startrekonline.com/release_notes. This lists all the related patch notes. The top one is season 1 update.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Auto space fire will now apply for all weapons rather than one fron and one rear weapon before the patch.

New weapons inlcude all purple quality for all energy types (ie phasers, disruptors etc) and all associated projectile types with an additional selection that now has the anti borg proc on it.

I hope this make more sense now
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-30-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
energy weapons only are autofire capable. torps are still fire manually, and I've yet to try out a pair of dual heavy disruptor cannons I got last night
This is incorrect.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
Well, I stand erected.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
This is incorrect.
actually it is. unless you want your torps fired automatically when the enemy shields are still up. i leave my torps set to fire by key press.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-09-2010, 05:07 AM
but the torps actually do a bit of damage against shields too, plus the bleed through damage.
I got two aft photons on my sov that i keep on auto-fire for sustained torpedo DPS.