Lt. Commander
# 1 Any new episodes?
04-30-2010, 06:56 AM
I always start my threads with "excuse my ignorance", as I'm about to exhibit some!

So I'm a level 45 RA, PVP has improved since my last post and the introduction of an injury system and auto-fire is welcome. However, have I missed an announcement that actually gives me something to do other then PVP or roll up new characters?

Does Season One include any additional episodes? If not, when? Surely there are plans to introduce content for us poor admirals with little more to do anymore?

I understand I could roll up another character, but I might as well buy Homeworld 2 and keep replaying that if this is my only option, I don't want to play the same missions again.

For me, I'm trying to decide if I should extend my subscription another 3 months or let it expand and vapourise in the cold vacuum of space, much like human blood.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrelli View Post
For me, I'm trying to decide if I should extend my subscription another 3 months or let it expand and vapourise in the cold vacuum of space, much like the human blood.
Schedule looks like no new episode missions at all until Season 2 (July), so if you've run out of personal replay value with the game I can't argue in good conscience for you to keep your sub running until then.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Schedule looks like no new episode missions at all until Season 2 (July), so if you've run out of personal replay value with the game I can't argue in good conscience for you to keep your sub running until then.
Thanks for your reply, they keep adding these Special Task Force missions, they should forget about these (or at least focus on episode missions) as the amount of players leaving the game makes it even harder to find people to do these special missions with in the first place. I want to meet the Undine and play those missions but I don't spend enough time playing to justify being part of a fleet or run around sector space looking for others to join me, but the only way I can access this content is to join a task force.

It's kinda frustrating to logon to the website and see announcements about new Special Task Force missions but not be able to play them, without the previously mentioned mission (of finding captains to do it with) in it's own right. Would be interesting to see some numbers of how many were playing during launch and now how many are playing.

I really want to stick with STO, I love the gameplay but as already mentioned by squidheadjax how can I justifty staying with nothing to do...PVP is okay but as players leave it's becoming harder to get a game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2010, 09:13 AM
There was something about weekly missions. I believe it comes out during 1.3 but I would have to go check.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Here we go.

Weekly Episodes - Series 1 (1.3 or 2.0)

Source
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
They need to start adding RA level missions to sector blocks besides cardassian/borg space.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-13-2010, 09:21 AM
They committed to finishing the STFs (which were already well underway before they went live) and Klingon missions before they started new Fed missions. Like it or not that's where their priorities have been, but more content is expected over the summer as someone pointed out already. dstahl's Engineering Reports are a wealth of upcoming development information. I recommend reading through the latest one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
They need to start adding RA level missions to sector blocks besides cardassian/borg space.
That's coming with RA6-10 later this year.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestPilot
They committed to finishing the STFs (which were already well underway before they went live) and Klingon missions before they started new Fed missions. Like it or not that's where their priorities have been, but more content is expected over the summer as someone pointed out already. dstahl's Engineering Reports are a wealth of upcoming development information. I recommend reading through the latest one.
I appreciate they have a development road map with set priorities but any business (which is what Cryptic is) adapts it's strategy to reflect market conditions and market conditions exhibit a decline in subscribers. As a Director of an organisation looking at bar charts and line graphs of falling subscriber numbers which equates to falling profits you would expect either an increase in development resources or a re-prioritisation of the development roadmap to increase subscriber retention, neither of these appear to be happening. I didn't realise they were still working through the Klingon missions so that is good to know.

I'll look over the dev reports, thanks for pointing that out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
I think they are adapting, but you don't drop a product line 3/4ths of the way through when you'd only gain a month at best on new content release dates anyhow. Besides, lots of people like the STFs. I'd like to try them myself...as soon as I can get 2 - 3 hours of uninterrupted playtime and a decent group. :p And as for Klingon content, well, yeah, I definitely can't blame them for giving them some love first.
I don't deny that there's not much to do if you're not into PvP or STFs though (even PvP is sketchy at times). I make my decision from month to month about resubbing and probably would have cancelled if my account hadn't already renewed the same day I checked it last week.