Lt. Commander
# 11
05-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
They need to start adding RA level missions to sector blocks besides cardassian/borg space.
I'd also say they need some for the lower ranks as well. There's a few gaps between LT and RA in the main storyline which, I would think, should take one from the lowest level to the highest with little to no grinding.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestPilot
I think they are adapting, but you don't drop a product line 3/4ths of the way through when you'd only gain a month at best on new content release dates anyhow. Besides, lots of people like the STFs. I'd like to try them myself...as soon as I can get 2 - 3 hours of uninterrupted playtime and a decent group. :p And as for Klingon content, well, yeah, I definitely can't blame them for giving them some love first.
I don't deny that there's not much to do if you're not into PvP or STFs though (even PvP is sketchy at times). I make my decision from month to month about resubbing and probably would have cancelled if my account hadn't already renewed the same day I checked it last week.
I agree, I hope things do improve, I just worry that by the time the content has started to appear for RA's there won't be enough subs left to warrant playing at all, although currently I'm looking more for the single player experience it is still nice to do missions with other captains, one of the things I enjoyed most was completing episodes with lower ranked players - a kind of supporting big brother. Despite it's flaws STO is still the only MMO I've spent more then a week on and I absolutely love the space combat, hopefully we'll all be back here by the end of this year talking about how great STO has become...hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
They need to start adding RA level missions to sector blocks besides cardassian/borg space.
When they raise the Level Cap (RA 6- 10), they stated they'd be adding a new 'High Level Sector Block Hub' with Episode mission contant that RAs can do. I don't know if that's in the initial Season 2 update, or due out sometime during Season 2 (ie the 2.1 or 2.2 updates like the 1.1 update we just got after Season 1); but it does seem that they are designing more non-STF missions for the RA folks, which is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-14-2010, 02:31 AM
dunno about you ppl,but I'd like to see more story missions,spread at ALL ranks.that's the problem with cryptic,they do linear progression,whereas if more was added,we could just do what WE wanted to do.

personally,I'd like to see more of new threats to the federation,ones forgotten by most.anyone remember,the episode of tng,where a race of worm-like things,had taken over high-ranking officers,and where trying to infiltrate to invade?imagine,a mission with a few npc's helping you,who then turn on you,and try to take you over too?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by static-force
dunno about you ppl,but I'd like to see more story missions,spread at ALL ranks.that's the problem with cryptic,they do linear progression,whereas if more was added,we could just do what WE wanted to do.

personally,I'd like to see more of new threats to the federation,ones forgotten by most.anyone remember,the episode of tng,where a race of worm-like things,had taken over high-ranking officers,and where trying to infiltrate to invade?imagine,a mission with a few npc's helping you,who then turn on you,and try to take you over too?
That's not a bad idea, I still also think a PVP (drop in) deathmatch would be a good idea as well. As opposed to queuing.