Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ok the title pretty much says it all. Im in favour of Cryptic adding a discount for people who purchase more points at one time. I beleive this to be a standard business practice that could encourage larger sales of points.

Is this a good idea or is it something that wouldnt be viable? Please chime in with what your thinking regarding this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-30-2010, 09:55 AM
The idea of the C-Store is to supplement their monthly subscription income. If they offered a discount for bulk sales, they'd get a bunch of money at one time, then a lot less for the next several C-Store release dates, sort of how they got a lot of money all at once for lifetime subscriptions, but won't get anything like that again.

Buy small amounts of points regularly, and you guarantee them a fairly steady income. That's what they are shooting for, I believe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Still, there's absolutely no incentive to buy lots of c-store points if there's no bulk discount. And you're more likely to spend them if you already have a bunch you haven't used. It would work to their benefit to offer even a small discount on larger orders, so that people are more inclined to buy, and thus use, larger amounts of points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
The idea of the C-Store is to supplement their monthly subscription income. If they offered a discount for bulk sales, they'd get a bunch of money at one time, then a lot less for the next several C-Store release dates, sort of how they got a lot of money all at once for lifetime subscriptions, but won't get anything like that again.

Buy small amounts of points regularly, and you guarantee them a fairly steady income. That's what they are shooting for, I believe.
Pretty much every business out there(especially MMOs) would rather have a bunch of money up front than just a little bit more later because theres no guarantee that that same customer will be playing 1 month from now. Thats the reason they are selling LT subs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Pretty much every business out there(especially MMOs) would rather have a bunch of money up front than just a little bit more later because theres no guarantee that that same customer will be playing 1 month from now. Thats the reason they are selling LT subs.
The two business models are not mutually exclusive, hence the difference in marketing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
Still, there's absolutely no incentive to buy lots of c-store points if there's no bulk discount. And you're more likely to spend them if you already have a bunch you haven't used. It would work to their benefit to offer even a small discount on larger orders, so that people are more inclined to buy, and thus use, larger amounts of points.
Just want to clarify this post does an excellent job of showing what im thinking.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Would like some more input.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't see why they would do this. All you're doing is exchanging one type of currency for another. If you exchange dollars for euros or vice versa, you don't get extra money beyond what the current exchange rate is. Microsoft does not offer lower rates for more microsoft points. Unless you happen to buy a points card at a retailer on sale, you'll still pay 1.25 cents/point which is the same as the cryptic rate.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 PM.