Lt. Commander
# 1 Christian fleet?
04-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Just curious. I was wondering if there were any fleets focused on recruiting Christian members? Sorry for the one liner, just had a quick question.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Bump........
Lt. Commander
# 3 Christians in STO
05-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Joebobkill,

I would very much like to find the same thing. I have as of now found a fleet who seems while not professing Christianity, they do seem to conduct themselves with maturity and professionalism. That is the United Federation of Planets fleet. Again, they do not profess Christianity but they do behave professionally.

If you have several friends who would like to join together, you can create your own fleet. I believe it takes yourself plus 5 others. I am not sure how much energy it costs but you can pool your energy and make it happen. If you need help let me know and I'll try to help you. I was thinking of speaking to my fleet about creating a Chaplain corps for that very purpose; so to give Christian members somewhere to go and be together in fellowship. I have not done so yet, but if you are interested, I will do that.

In Christ,

Findley
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Hmm... Well personally I am christian, but my fleet doesn't support or favour any religion and we keep religious debates out of our forums.

Good luck finding such a fleet though, I haven't read anything about a fleet like that here...

You could always start one yourself if you're interested in that.

[edit]
Oh duh, Findley we're in the same fleet lol, but we're the 12th fleet. United Federation of Planets isn't our actual fleet name but that's the full name of the federation (and also the name of another fleet on the forums here). :p
Lt. Commander
# 5 Info:
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM
You only need 5 people to start a new fleet

It does not cost anything to create a new fleet

Expanding the fleet bank tabs costs 1.233 mill credits for each tab, and there is a total of 8 tabs available
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Actually, I already created a fleet. It was originally meant for deaf or hard of hearing members (I am deaf). Unfortunately, my playing time is very random and not consistent, so the members who had joined dropped to join other larger fleets.

With my random playing time in mind, I was thinking of joining a Christian fleet rather than leading one. But as it stands, the fleet I created still exists. I am the sole member of this fleet. If anyone wants to join it, feel free and drop me a msg either here on the forum or through the mail.

The fleet name is Silent Echo. It would be cool to fellowship with other Christian folk on STO whenever I saw them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Myself and another person were talking about forming a Christian fleet. PM me if interested.
Lt. Commander
Excellent idea one I have been mulling and praying over myself. However, I am not an experienced MMO player and do not have knowledge of fleet/guild operations. But I do have ideas see next post.
Lt. Commander
Category: Casual players, FPO (Fun People Only), role playing encouraged.
Purpose: Have fun and support each other. Show that we love to live out our faith in all that we do.

Fleet Premise

91st Expeditionary Group (Ichthys ΙΧΘΥΣ)

Commissioned in 2407 the 91st was sent to do battle and provide relief to Starfleet and civilian members of the federation on the Klingon frontlines. On board the flagship cruiser, USS Eisenhower, a young ensign gave his captain an ancient card with Psalm 91 printed on it. “Sir, when I found out that I would be assigned to the new 91st Expeditionary Group I searched the archives for famous 91st battle groups and found reference to an ancient Earth force, the 91st Infantry Brigade of the U. S. Expeditionary Army. This card is reported to be one of the original cards given to those men.”

The captain politely accepted the card and thanked the ensign. The captain read the psalm and was overwhelmed with emotion and comfort. He researched this 91st Infantry Brigade and found out:
About 490 years ago, during an ancient Earth conflict called World War I, the 91st Infantry Brigade of the U. S. Expeditionary Army was preparing to enter combat in Europe. Because their commander was a devout Christian, he assembled his men and gave each of them a little card on which was printed the 91st Psalm, the same number Psalm as their brigade. They agreed to recite that Psalm daily. After they had begun praying the Psalm, the 91st Brigade was engaged in three of the bloodiest battles of World War I — Chateau Thierry, Belle Wood and the Argonne. Other American units that fought in the same battles had up to 90 percent casualties, but the 91st Brigade did not suffer a single combat-related casualty.
The captain was amazed. He had always considered the creator of the universe as a God uninvolved in his creation. Did He really care about his creation? The captain could not shake the power of the psalm nor the history he had read. The anxiety caused by the concern for the safety of the thousand or so people under his command was haunting and unrelenting. Finally he relented his will and prayed “God if you cared about those soldiers please care about mine. If you were involved in their lives be involved in mine, I give you my life and ask that you preserve theirs” The captain vowed to recite the psalm daily as they did. He further decided to have a willing participant recite Psalm 91 over the group’s common channel each day. The first one to receive that honor was the young ensign who brought him the card, Ensign Marcus Fidelis Veritas.

The captain asked Veritas if he knew more about the Christian religion of that ancient commander. Veritas said yes. “Tell me more” said the captain. Veritas proceeded to tell the captain about Jesus and his self-sacrifice that atones for sin and allows a person to have a relationship with creator of the universe. The captain listened and put his faith in the hands of God the Son, Jesus.

After witnessing the new faith of the captain one of his senior officers snidely remarked “What are we going to do now, put a Jesus fish on the nacelle of the cruiser!”

Hmmm… not a bad idea remarked the captain and thus the nickname Ichthys was born.

So shall we do this thing? I need some people to be willing and to help me with some of the particulars.
Ready and willing

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 1:16
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Just curious. I was wondering if there were any fleets focused on recruiting Christian members? Sorry for the one liner, just had a quick question.
I would like to toss this out there, a slight theological debate.

Given STO's penchant for death, destruction and kill kill kill, I would surmise that it would be illogical to look for a Christian fleet in STO.

A Christian fleet could not function in the game, as they would not be able to level. To level would require one to break the 6th Commandment, "Thou Shall Not Kill."

Sorry, I couldn't help it. In all seriousness, I hope you find what you are looking for!

Peace and Long Life.