Lt. Commander
# 21
07-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iameleveneight View Post
What do you expect? Star Trek has preached atheism from its inception.
I hear you iameleveneight. But I always like to be hopeful. STO is a fun game and the whole Star Trek franchise is great entertainment. So as erichcs said it will be nice to play with a group of like minded friends, which is one of the main purposes of the fleet/guild concept, yes?

So I will wait patiently and continue to enjoy STO.

Thanks for your post. I am not sure whether you were compassionate to my cause or antangonistic so I will go with my first impression which was compassionate

Regards may God bless you as much as He has blessed me
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Shameless Bump
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-02-2010, 08:04 AM
I would certainly be more than happy to join such a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-02-2010, 08:38 AM
I would certainly be interested in joining such a fleet - my character is a Rear Admiral, Upper Half at the moment, but not a member of any fleet. Let me know if anything happens with this
Lt. Commander
# 25 We have enough people :)
08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Ok Seems to me that we have 5 people.

Fiskhandlare
The_Valeyard
erichcs
Phyxuis1701
Craig-Hill

Now the hard part organizing a meeting

I will PM you guys with a proposal and some ideas by the end of today 8/2/2010. I am Eastern Standard Time.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-02-2010, 10:41 AM
While It's not a fancy name like the 91st, I was thinking about recruiting Christians into my fleet.

The Gato Fleet focuses on assisting players, collecting tresures, and practacing a chain of command.

If your interested in trying to form a cristian fleet, I would be honored if you made my fleet a base for this endever. send me a mail.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Hm, I haven't visited these forums in quite a while. Aethorr and I went on a few missions once, but I have not talked to him since. I have not been playing too much lately, but season 2 and the diplomacy corps has brought me back into the game a bit.

Craig- I really like your avatar pic. I even liked the little biography of the fleet you mentioned. I'm game if you want. I have a fleet started called Silent Echo that no one else is a part of. Due to my irregular playing times, my former fleet mates opted to join other fleets leaving me as the sole member. Wonder if I could change the name...you could simply join it until we get more members if you like.

As for whether or not a christian fleet is appropriate in STO, I choose to look at star fleet as a military. I support U.S. soldiers and believe that God can use these soldiers to protect the USA. So even if a goverment like the Federation chooses to adopt an atheist stance, it doesn't mean that my captain or his crew has to.

Saying that a christian fleet is inappropriate in STO is akin to saying that a Christian club is inappropriate at a public high school. Our government and public schools are almost always discouraging any commitment to any religion. With that said, I still formed christian clubs in high school and would like to do so within the STO community
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Forgive me, Craig. I posted this without looking at the third page of this thread. It seems you have already recruited the 5 neccessary members.

That is awesome! I would like join you guys if you don't mind my irregular attendance. I really don't want to "lead" a fleet as I do not put that much time into STO but I would like to be part of your fleet
Lt. Commander
# 29 I Agree
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I would like to have a christian fleet too. I am new here and I think a Christian influence would have good efIfect. I am a staunch conservative Baptist and I love the LORD with all my heart. A Christian fleet would be well served.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-02-2010, 08:36 PM
hrm, this sounds.... intriguing. one of yall msg me or something please.