Lt. Commander
# 11
04-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Do you really think that this game will last 2 years?
If we didn't. our names would not be blue.

If you don't, why do you think you deserve reward?

I find both sides of this argument ridiculous.

On the one hand, it comes off as "I bribed people for this Emmy! You cant take it from me" (That's not what happened, but thats how it comes off). On the other its "I don't want to study, but if I fail, its the teachers who failed me."

Certainly more people QQ from the "I don't want to take the risk, but I want all the reward" crew, but it just isn't as... impassioned.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
I keep seeing debates Blue Vs Subscirbers over Veteran Rewards and how Lifetime subscribers need compensation for everyone else getting Vet Rewards...

Here is my problem with the issue:

Lifetime Subscribers already have their reward...

After 2-3 years you will have made back your money (vs subscribing) and will be playing the game for free from then on...

Seems like a pretty good reward to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelarmul View Post
you must've read the other thread concerning the captains table?

here here!!!
on this post!!!
I myself, agree with popkornn (no he did not bribe me), cause this is nonsense. How many times I went to the capt. chair? twice........lawl at all these threads concerning this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
If we didn't. our names would not be blue.

If you don't, why do you think you deserve reward?

I find both sides of this argument ridiculous.

On the one hand, it comes off as "I bribed people for this Emmy! You cant take it from me" (That's not what happened, but thats how it comes off). On the other its "I don't want to study, but if I fail, its the teachers who failed me."

Certainly more people QQ from the "I don't want to take the risk, but I want all the reward" crew, but it just isn't as... impassioned.
The teachers fail me...

I would laugh but I know someone that believes that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
I keep seeing debates Blue Vs Subscirbers over Veteran Rewards and how Lifetime subscribers need compensation for everyone else getting Vet Rewards...

Here is my problem with the issue:

After 2-3 years you will have made back your money (vs subscribing) and will be playing the game for free from then on...

people are impatient, they want rewards, they want them now, and they don't want anybody else to have them.
people are too fickle and look at the short term, like what'll happen tomorrow, instead of what will happen next week =/

oh well, it's thier money, if they want to pay to complain, i say let them, in the long run their money, pays my developers, that makes my game better =D, so plz, pay-2-complain more it means more money for development costs =D
(not that you're complaining popkornn )
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Just think they should of gave lifers the table and kept everyone's forum colors the same...

90% of the fighting between groups started with the forum color change...

Let the blues have the table nobody wants it anyway, change the forum name colors back to 1 color for all, and lets us all live in peace...
Lt. Commander
# 16
Comment removed
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:

This. As I posted in the other thread, the only determining factor for me was never having to pay a sub fee ever again. The rest were just icing on the cake, so to speak. With the exception of the Lib Borg (which I feel should be available to ALL lifetime subbers, not just those of us that jumped at the chance when it was first announced), I don't care which of the other perks are available for the Veteran Rewards. This debate is just plain silly, IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Do you really think that this game will last 2 years?
Dude if SWG lasted 8 this will last more than 2. This game is 100x beyond where SWG was at launch and is today in many way. The only thing I prefer in SWG over this game is the dynamics of space flight, but that said the system here does not have me begging for a refund.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loic_Farris
Dude if SWG lasted 8 this will last more than 2. This game is 100x beyond where SWG was at launch and is today in many way. The only thing I prefer in SWG over this game is the dynamics of space flight, but that said the system here does not have me begging for a refund.
ABSOLUTELY agree with this.

I dont have to WALK, because there's no mounts and no ground vehicles, from major cities, up hill (both ways) to a Bounty target, who then has the audacity to be unattackable (either "white" dot, or spawning in a building, or worse, in water... )

HOW long did it take Sony to get that fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
Cryptic should reconsider bringing the liberate borg back into the LTS, reduce the price to pre-launch and promote it aggressively. It may help with subscriber adoption.
I'd move to have LB for all LTS, and MU for all pre-order and CO LTS (not just CO). Add something small and unique in for the CO LTSer MU (like keep the preorder LTS MU to Kirk's top), then throw in any other MU era costume BUT TOS into the vet system.

Then again, is it wise to continue pushing LTS this late in? The real need was to boost the out-of-gate performance of the game, wasn't it? continuing to support LTS makes less and less sense to Cryptic as it approaches the 18 and 20 month marks (where they begin losing money on the pre and post launch LTSers)