Lt. Commander
# 21
04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
I keep seeing debates Blue Vs Subscirbers over Veteran Rewards and how Lifetime subscribers need compensation for everyone else getting Vet Rewards...

Here is my problem with the issue:

Lifetime Subscribers already have their reward...

After 2-3 years you will have made back your money (vs subscribing) and will be playing the game for free from then on...

Seems like a pretty good reward to me...
The debate really isn't between Blue v. Subscribers

It's more like Imperius versus the forum.

That said, I do not care if subscribers gain access as a veteran reward. There's plenty of cake to go around as far as digital goods are concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Just think they should of gave lifers the table and kept everyone's forum colors the same...

90% of the fighting between groups started with the forum color change...

Let the blues have the table nobody wants it anyway, change the forum name colors back to 1 color for all, and lets us all live in peace...
No, all the fighting was still around. The blue names was just one more dumb reason on top of the huge pile of dumb reasons to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Well looks like cryptic is back to their old habit of setting the forums on fire on fridays and letting them burn over the weekend.

lifers shouldn't get so upset, I really don't see anything that would keep a monthly sub resubbing for 400 days considering you can finish everything in 30. A year of dailies is a long time only the most masochistic would go that long.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstiff
Well looks like cryptic is back to their old habit of setting the forums on fire on fridays and letting them burn over the weekend.

lifers shouldn't get so upset, I really don't see anything that would keep a monthly sub resubbing for 400 days considering you can finish everything in 30. A year of dailies is a long time only the most masochistic would go that long.
Good advice, and it looks like most lifers are taking that advice.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I think it needs to be fair to both parties, whatever Cryptic chooses...
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Do you really think that this game will last 2 years?
Sure it will. Even the worst games last for years before going offline. I do think though that this game will be F2P in two years.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Congrats on posting one more useless thread about this useless topic.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstiff

"Lifers" aren't upset about this. Only a very few Lifers that I've noticed, on any of the similar threads, are upset about this.

Actually, most of us Lifers who have posted about this subject think the Vet rewards are a great idea and we welcome more players to the Captains Table.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
I keep seeing debates Blue Vs Subscirbers over Veteran Rewards and how Lifetime subscribers need compensation for everyone else getting Vet Rewards...

After 2-3 years you will have made back your money (vs subscribing) and will be playing the game for free from then on...

I am a lifetime subscriber and have removed the blue title in protest, as I am not proud to be a lifer in the least (I feel more like a sucker).

Secondly, am I really getting my money's worth, if the product is so sub-standard that I don't even play it now? The actual length of a lifetime subscriber kick back is around 1.4 months, so I am assuming you are including a few extra years to include the fact that the game is super lackluster and people may not even be using the product.

If this is the case, i would have MUCH rather been a monthly subber... so that I could have saved money by not paying for the months (or years) that I am not even using the service/product.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:

I don't care who gets what, to be honest. I am just glad I get to play for free. That was the point of the lifetime. I didn't even know I'd get extra stuff until later on.

I'm glad others will get them as well.